Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: Fairbanks Man show

  1. #1

    Default Fairbanks Man show

    We are having the Fairbanks Man show again this year on saturday Feb 7th from 12-8pm at the convention center at Pioneer park. come on out and have some fun, beer and brats. for those that didnt make it last year, you can make up for it this year .. lets have some fun.

  2. #2
    New member akhunter02's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    682

    Default sounds

    like fun, looking forward to putting faces with user names

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    North Pole
    Posts
    172

    Default Hey!!!

    Hey it's my birthday on Saturday! The wife is definately going to take me...I should probably let her know that!

  4. #4
    New member fishnhuntr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    North Pole
    Posts
    317

    Default Just a thought...

    Harters,
    I'm assuming you're having a booth there this year, you could always break out a "guest" book and have ODD members sign in with their name and handle on here as a way to get to meet/know people. Be interesting to see how many came through. Just an idea.
    Cody

  5. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fishnhuntr View Post
    Harters,
    I'm assuming you're having a booth there this year, you could always break out a "guest" book and have ODD members sign in with their name and handle on here as a way to get to meet/know people. Be interesting to see how many came through. Just an idea.
    Cody
    I think i might do that, as long as i can remember to pick up a guest book before then..

    stop on over and sign in

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    North Pole
    Posts
    172

    Default $?

    Is there an entry fee for the show and if so how much?

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by smallmonzter View Post
    Is there an entry fee for the show and if so how much?

    $5.00 entrance fee and that gets you a drink and brat also.

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    North Pole
    Posts
    172

    Default

    Sweet...see you all in a little while...

  9. #9

    Default

    For as much advertising as this got, as was shocked when I went in there. I was in fairbanks for a bit and a friend took me to this thing. there were about 7 booths, no real structure and the "free brat and drink" for a $5 admission fee came with about an hour wait. At least I know I'll save my time and $$$ next year even if it is February.

  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Unalakleet
    Posts
    103

    Default

    I felt the same way,I won't be going back next year for sure.

  11. #11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by oka in ak View Post
    For as much advertising as this got, as was shocked when I went in there. I was in fairbanks for a bit and a friend took me to this thing. there were about 7 booths, no real structure and the "free brat and drink" for a $5 admission fee came with about an hour wait. At least I know I'll save my time and $$$ next year even if it is February.

    you guys all lost the porpose of this show, it was to get you out of the house and to socialize with people. it wasnt the type of show like the outdoor show at the carlson center, where you got a ton of booths set up. the guys that did set up booths like myself, all we did was try to help out and provided a portion of the donation money to cover the building rent for the day and for the advertisement of the show. unlike the carlson center this show doesnt make money hand over fist. I for one had a great time and enjoyed meeting all the new people and for putting faces with names on the forum.

    as with all show's, there are always things that could have been done better, but as with every thing else, you cant please every one.

  12. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Fairbanks
    Posts
    21

    Default I agree, I won't be back next year.

    I have better things to get out of the house for.

    I will have to admit though that I got a kick out of the "Alaska Targets" with Ms. Judd!

  13. #13
    Member akjw7's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Fairbanks
    Posts
    537

    Thumbs down not worth the $5

    while that goal is fine and good, it is not how the advertising portrayed the show, which is why there is some dissapointment out there.

    I appreciate the effort and it was a good idea for a cabin fever reliever, but in my opnion (and the 5 or 6 other people I've talked to that went), it wasn't worth the money or the time and especially after the advertising blitz it was a major dissapointment...and that's saying something because I had the bar set pretty low going in.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •