Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Craziest thing I ever heard

Exclamation Craziest thing I ever heard

I heard this from a very reliable source and was wondering if anyone out there had any details on this.

Apparently, two sheep hunters flew their planes into an area that is considered by a guide to be his own private hunting reserve. When they came back to their airplanes, the wings of both planes had been knocked off. The troopers were called by satelite phone and they contacted the guide who the hunters suspected had done this. The guide,or relative of the guide with the same last name, admitted to the troopers that he had knocked the wings off the planes with the wheels of his plane, accidently, and offered to pay any damages.

This happened in Unit 14 A and those sketchy details are all I was told. I was wondering if anyone else had heard anything about this.

If this happened, it is about the craziest, most dangerous thing I have ever heard of.

Bethel, Cantwell, Fort Yukon, Skagway, Chevak and Point Hope

Was it in the Trooper Blotter?

Default not sure

I'm not sure of the dates abd didn't look in the trooper blotter. Also I do not know if charges were pressed because he offered to pay damages.

He actually flew into 2 airplanes and claims it was a accident? If this is true I hope they press charges agaist him, accident my *ss!!

I would have too look at this highly suspicous. Why would somebody damage 2 airplanes, in my opinion to keep other people out of that airstrip, and then confess to it and offer too pay damages? Sounds like somebody is spreading rumors. How does one fly into 2 planes parked on the ground and not do damage too their own plane?

Unless he dropped something on them I don't see how he could not damage his own plane either. It does sound like a crazy story though.

Default Yeah it's true

Acording to my neighbor who knows one of the owners of one of the smashed up aircraft this did occur. From what he told me both planes had to be choppered out. Cost big $$$...... Pretty jacked up to say the least.

Thanks for the info - that's insane. I wonder what the cost of get those planes out will run?

Default Please keep us updated.

Boy that is some serious retaliation. Sounds like someone got a little too territorial? You guys up there keep us posted on the story as the details come out. We don't need this stuff going on.

On the other hand, an aquaintence of mine came back from a Wy. elk hunt where he had 3 verbal confrontations from locals. They were all jacked up he was out there hunting THEIR ELK! He said all he did was put into the draw like anyone else and got picked. Sort of spoiled his sons' first cow kill.
    One outburst hinted they knew where his camp was. Sure enough the next day he had a flat tire. Just really bad for the sport.

I'm not saying this didn't happen but according to what was posted the guy used the wheels of his plane to take both wings off of 2 other planes and supposedly didn't damage his plane? And if he did do damage to his plane while doing this stunt, where and how did he manage to land his plane? Sorry but something just doesn't sound right. There has to be more to this story and some kind of a published story somewhere. This kind of stuff just doesn't happen in Alaska without it becoming very knowlegable very quickly. I realize we are a big State, but we have a relatively small aviation community.

If this is true, that dude is a ***** and needs his plane damaged in some form.

Default i heard this today too

i have a buddy who is a pilot/guide and he asked me if i knew the guy who did it...he had the guys name, but it escapes me. i'll ask him tomorrow...
    Alaska Board of Game 2015 tour... "Kicking the can down the road"
    http://www.alaskabackcountryhunters.org/

Default Wing bouncing

This is a very true story unfortunately. There is a forum on supercub.org and the thread is "Wing Bouncing" The man in question is ***********. Pilot and guide. I'd really like to hear his side of the story.
    Last edited by fullkurl; 10-04-2006 at 21:59. Reason: No flames with names.

Thumbs down Appears true

It appears to be a true story. Go to supercub.org and you will find it under Wing Bouncing. Seems to be a lot of FAA report on this guy too.

AlleninAlaska, I had a pilot instructor that told me, "the landing gear on these small airplanes could penetrate the earth's crust." Of course there was a hint of sarcasm, but the point is they can take a beaten. My rental sure took a few good beatings while I was in training. If this story is true maybe the damage to the attacker's plane was tire damage. I have seen more than one plane land without tire(s) at birchwood airport.

I went through that whole thread at Supercub.org and the person that claims that this happened kept promising a police report. Not one single police report has surfaced, not even the Trooper report that was supposedly done by the perpatrator. I'm still holding off on judging anybody on this one.

Alaska is not a "small aviation community", it has the most aircraft per capita than any state in the US.

Quote Originally Posted by AkHunter45 View Post
    Alaska is not a "small aviation community", it has the most aircraft per capita than any state in the US.

Per Capita means squat when you are only talking 550,000 people.

We have the highest per capita Yupik Eskimo population.

Wer have the highest per capita Phillipino population.

They are small when compared nationwide.

Exclamation

Allen, here's some news for you, there are bad people out there. I am personal friends with both of the pilots who had their airplanes damaged. They are both Christian men who know retaliation is not the answer. Neither man has ever given me a single reason to doubt a word they say. As a supercub pilot myself, I know how easy it could be to bounce your big tires off an object like an airplane wing and fly away happily ever after. Yes it's risky but do able. Go to supercub.org and look at the pictures. They are not afraid to print the dingleberry guides name either with a link to his website. With no eyewitness the claim is that it was an accident.
    Jeff, the last time I needed a helicopter, it was $1400 an hour. Probably cost over $3000 per plane to sling them out.
    Bottom line, what you read on supercub.org from Ron or Frank is the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by AlleninAlaska View Post
    Per Capita means squat when you are only talking 550,000 people.

We have the highest per capita Yupik Eskimo population.

Wer have the highest per capita Phillipino population.

They are small when compared nationwide.
    Yupik Eskimo?? What does that have to do with aircraft?? Phillipino's?? Again, how does that tie in with aircraft?? Regardless of your comparisons. Alaska is by no means a small aircraft community, take a look around you sometime.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast