Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DM768 - DM773 unit 20A

Default DM768 - DM773 unit 20A

So I put in for these hunts for moose, I just read a letter, from biologist Don Young, that says they didn't give out adequate public notice, it was in the hunt supplement, so what's the problem? When I pay to be in a drawing, I expect it to be drawn as advertised. I've got numerous emails out on this.
    “When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty.” attributed to Thomas Jefferson

Default draw threads

Several threads/complaints going on that very subject. It has been postponed, you'll just have to wait. Some links for you below.

I cant wait until this is over. I dont even care if I win at this point.......ok lets see if reverse psycology works

http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/...ad.php?t=47184

http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/...ad.php?t=45540

http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/...ad.php?t=47006

Roger that...I thought there should be a thread with the numbers in the title. I'm hoping enough people take action and force the F&G to follow the rules they set out.
    “When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty.” attributed to Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by GreginAlaska View Post
    Roger that...I thought there should be a thread with the numbers in the title. I'm hoping enough people take action and force the F&G to follow the rules they set out.

Good luck on that one them and the LEO that enforce the laws interpret them as they see fit. I applied as well and am a bit peed off, this is the first time I have heard of a drawing being postponed due to people not reading the supplement or regs.

Quote Originally Posted by broncoformudv View Post
    Good luck on that one them and the LEO that enforce the laws interpret them as they see fit. I applied as well and am a bit peed off, this is the first time I have heard of a drawing being postponed due to people not reading the supplement or regs.
    Let's make our luck...email the commissioner, Palin, your senator and rep and cc a lawyer. If enough people speak up, it might change. Can't hurt anyways.

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Quote Originally Posted by GreginAlaska View Post
    Let's make our luck...email the commissioner, Palin, your senator and rep and cc a lawyer. If enough people speak up, it might change. Can't hurt anyways.

I have already posted my email to the commissioner, and told him i for see this as a class action waiting to happen when the people that applied in the winter DO not get tags. there is not much we can do. at this point except wait.. it s all about revenue
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Default Idea

This is bummer and sorry for all invloved. I do understand simple economics and that is what this is about. Guess to me the noble thing for F & G to do would be draw this winter, and how many tags are left re-open for spring draw.

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Quote Originally Posted by AK LIVIN View Post
    This is bummer and sorry for all invloved. I do understand simple economics and that is what this is about. Guess to me the noble thing for F & G to do would be draw this winter, and how many tags are left re-open for spring draw.
    in speaking with them, this was an idea they considerered.... how ever rejected.
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

If someone misses the deadline for the Perm Fund they dont get a do over. I filed for the 20A hunt and got the same letter from Fish and Game. It seems to me they should give the people that applied on time preference points like they do for the Tier 2 permits.

That totally bites but oh well. I paid attention when applying, so I get the shaft now because of some whiners out there?

I hope those that forgot and whined enough get their moose permits and their moose. Also hope F&G gets a bunch more revenue from this, which of course is the reasoning for the delay, anyways. More money the better, right?

It's all BS. So if I cry enough I can get the Bison tag I have been trying to get forever? This is crap period!

Email address for the Fairbanks office

dfg.dwc.pubinfoR3@alaska.gov

the director

doug.larsen@alaska.gov

how to find your rep and senator

http://w3.legis.state.ak.us/misc/districts.php

Sarah Palin

governor@gov.state.ak.us

Attorney Wayne Ross

WARALASKA@alaska.com

Greg who is atty, Wayne Ross? and what is his involvement in this? does he have a willing participation?

meet on face book here

Quote Originally Posted by Vince View Post
    Greg who is atty, Wayne Ross? and what is his involvement in this? does he have a willing participation?
    He's a lawyer from Anchorage, he's not involved in it but I'm trying to change that. I think he has ran for governor a time or two and he was a big wig with the NRA at one time...plus he can be easy to stir up.

F&G is on firm ground on this one guys. The precedent was set on other hunts and a lawsuit will just cost you money. Chance does not equate to harm. Therefore, no harm, no lawsuit. JMG could speak to this if he was amind to, but I doubt he will. This is not the first time this has happened. I could be specific here, but don't have the time right now. Suffice to say, they did not give enough notice, to garner the response they know is out there. They are not going to sell these few moose off, cheaply. High demands means high revenue. These hunts are the cream of the crop and they know it.
    This forum and others like it, could prevent this from happening in the future, if posters would post changes when they see them. Too many people these days don't go to the official F&G website for info and hardly anyone really reads the supplements. Is it right, NO, but it is the way it is. Just like elections, no one reads the supplements provided, they already have their minds made up by the media and the internet forums.
    Good Luck in the draw everyone.

SP
    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

Quote Originally Posted by Akres View Post
    F&G is on firm ground on this one guys. The precedent was set on other hunts and a lawsuit will just cost you money. Chance does not equate to harm. Therefore, no harm, no lawsuit. JMG could speak to this if he was amind to, but I doubt he will. This is not the first time this has happened. I could be specific here, but don't have the time right now. Suffice to say, they did not give enough notice, to garner the response they know is out there. They are not going to sell these few moose off, cheaply. High demands means high revenue. These hunts are the cream of the crop and they know it.
    This forum and others like it, could prevent this from happening in the future, if posters would post changes when they see them. Too many people these days don't go to the official F&G website for info and hardly anyone really reads the supplements. Is it right, NO, but it is the way it is. Just like elections, no one reads the supplements provided, they already have their minds made up by the media and the internet forums.
    Good Luck in the draw everyone.

SP
    Chance might not equal harm, but taking your money, agreeing to do something with it, and then not doing it as advertised, does equal harm.

Oh, I was hoping to stir up Ross so he would do it for free. heh

yeah i was not happy when i opened my letter from F&G yesterday

My girl put in for it, and got her letter the other day. I only put in for the goat hunts. "However" I will put in for it this spring. My buddies are going to put in for it also, what the heck it is only 5 bucks!
    If drawn I will celebrate by spending that month hunting Deer in the lower 48. With luck this will force one of the can't read boo hoo Chi chi babies to eat road kill instead. this will be done just to spite the entire process.

Quote Originally Posted by JEFFSTER View Post
    My girl put in for it, and got her letter the other day. I only put in for the goat hunts. "However" I will put in for it this spring. My buddies are going to put in for it also, what the heck it is only 5 bucks!
    If drawn I will celebrate by spending that month hunting Deer in the lower 48. With luck this will force one of the can't read boo hoo Chi chi babies to eat road kill instead. this will be done just to spite the entire process.

NOW... why would you intentionally put n for a tag you have no intention of using? when it could go t a family or person that is here and needs it? Spite in the process is one of the largest things wrong with the system... I don't put n for hunts that i have no intention of hunting, such as sheep or goats, i leave it for guys like you who enjoy it for sport.. perhaps i should start following your lead. i have 6 in my house that can increase your odds against drawing..

meet on face book here

Default Lame

Quote Originally Posted by JEFFSTER View Post
    And this is why it should only be open for Locals & for people that are going to use it to fill the freezer & not for lames that are putting in for it just to spite the system..Prob the same lames that are whining & making it come out in the spring,cuz they can't read the whole supplement & put in for it for the right reason's & the right time!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast