Thread: 2008 Bowtech General

Default 2008 Bowtech General

Im thinking about getting a 2008 Bowtech General and was wondering what everyone thinks of it? Pros and Cons. Thanks.

Default Good bow

thats what i shoot. i also shoot the 04 Tomkat
    and there is quite a diffrence.
    With the General there is no after shot shock you will be wondering if you even shot
    But the shock comes when pulling the bowstring back and twords the end of draw the sudden drop makes the arrow jump up if using a fallaway rest.

That is the only Con i see
    It is also Heavy but that actually stabelizez the bow for those long shots

one more thing is if your buying 2008 make shure the bow hase rivits installed on limb tips.(some of them were on recall)

My bow didnt have them so the Bowtech is fixin it for me with a new set of Limbs.

Default 08 General

This is what i shoot as well. The brace height is awesome at 8 1/4" making it a more foregiving. Some are put off with the long brace height and short ATA but it has been deadly accurate for me. I will second the rivets in the limbs, i was one of the unfortunate one's that had it blow up in my hands only 8 days out from my kodiak goat hunt, but a testament to Archers Den and Bowtech customer service I had new limbs installed and shot my goat the first day of the hunt.

Depending on what mods you have one will also affect the valley at the end of the draw cycle, the fast mods do have a drop, while the smooth mods take some of that away, but to be honest after shooting my old hoyts it really didn't feel unnatural to me and I don't even notice it any more.

All in all after a kodiak goat hunt, a chugach sheep hunt and a return deer hunt on Kodiak this bow has taken a lickin and kept on tickin and I would have no issues recommending this model to anyone who wants a good, accurate bow that can put some animals on the ground.
    Last edited by Pupchow; 01-30-2009 at 10:24. Reason: spelling

i have been very pleased with mine, no issues, Paul had my limbs replaced as well. only bow i like better is my Black Widow recurve.
    it is a very quiet smooth shooting bow, draw diffrence from my Mathews Icon took a little getting used to but really not an issue.
    RETIRED U.S.A.F. CAPT.; LIFETIME MEMBER NRA; LIFETIME MEMBER ALASKA BOWHUNTER ASSOC.
    MASTER BOWHUNTER EDUCATION INSTRUCTOR; MEMBER UNITED BLOOD TRACKERS; POPE & YOUNG MEASURER