Thread: Remington 7600 Fore-end

Default Remington 7600 Fore-end

I have a Remington 7600 and I want to replace the fore-end with a synthetic fore-end. Does anyone know how remove the fore-end? I cannot find anything accurate on how to do this on the internet.

Unless its different than other I've seen just unscrew the nut at the forarm tip and slide it off

Quote Originally Posted by AMMO View Post
    I have a Remington 7600 and I want to replace the fore-end with a synthetic fore-end. Does anyone know how remove the fore-end? I cannot find anything accurate on how to do this on the internet.
    On mine the nut or screw are only half the story if you want to pull the whole forend including the action bar assembly. You have to unscrew the forend cap screw to remove the wood, but you also need to action tube assembly. To do that cycle the action bar assembly all the way back to expose two holes in the action tube. Stick a screwdriver or punch through those and rotate the action bar and unscrew it.

I tried that. I broke the steel punch. Maybe I do have to heat it up to melt the "locktite"? I think that is what it was called?

Hey! If I look thru this empty beer bottle, I think I can see Russia from here!!!

call me at 947-2981 and I will walk you thru it.
    “You’ve gotten soft. You’re like one of those police dogs who’s released in to the wild and gets eaten by a deer or something.” Bill McNeal of News Radio