Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2009 permits

Default 2009 permits

February....like normal it seems almost always a week late or more. least they gave us some info, keep the carrot out there man!!!
    Www.blackriverhunting.com
    Master guide 212

Default web traffic

They must be getting tired of the web traffic pounding their servers everyday that they actually posted a specific date and time.
    I've only been checking 70 - 80 times per day. I hear that helps.

Default One more Week

Just one more week until me and the wife "offically" get our Koyukuk tags along with my sheep. Did some one say carrots, where are the carrots? I'm hungry

their calendar must be different than mine.....2-6-09?????? what part of the end of Jan is that . i really expected them tomorrow evening after 5.
    be nice if they give a reason....in this day and age with computers they should be able to post them quicker than they do.
    RETIRED U.S.A.F. CAPT.; LIFETIME MEMBER NRA; LIFETIME MEMBER ALASKA BOWHUNTER ASSOC.
    MASTER BOWHUNTER EDUCATION INSTRUCTOR; MEMBER UNITED BLOOD TRACKERS; POPE & YOUNG MEASURER

I heard through the grapevine ( and correct me if you heard diffrent) that the reason that it is taking so long this year is because of a bull moose permit up around Fairbanks. I guess it was normally on the spring draw and they(fish and game) have been getting a lot of flack from people that didn't know that it was going to be swiched to the winter draw. It takes time to deal with disgruntaled public.

I heard it was because Taylor's brother-in-law hadn't got his check yet ....
    Come on Taylor, you're holding the rest of us up!
    Vance in AK.

Matthew 6:33
    "But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you."

Default he got his

he got his check - had my signature on it though - I am takin that permit this year! LOL

Hmm, I didn't put in for the moose permit on the fort - I missed it in the winter supplement......so put in for any bull in 20.......thought that the archery only on the Rich was going to come out in the spring supp????????????

I'll take the sheep and goat tags instead!

Default I'm like Milo

Maybe the results are in now, click, nope, (20 min later). Maybe now, click, nope.
    I hope they're just throwing us the Feb 6 to keep us from bothering them. I'm still counting on tomorrow afternoon. (fingers crossed)

Default They can sure get it together for the non residents.

Quote Originally Posted by AK NIMROD View Post
    their calendar must be different than mine.....2-6-09?????? what part of the end of Jan is that . i really expected them tomorrow evening after 5.
    be nice if they give a reason....in this day and age with computers they should be able to post them quicker than they do.
    Sure seems funny to me that they can sort out the brown bear non res tags in December, but for the residents we get the hind tit. Why is it that they should take precedence over 24/7 Alaskans. Maybe it's the " RANDOM " part that takes the time! Shouldn't they all come out at once?

Default draw results

F&G website says results will be available after 5 pm on Feb 6, just in case any of you may be thinking you drew my tag. Good luck

Default I

just received a letter from the board of game. They wont draw for the 20A moose tags until the spring supplement. This really sucks! I guess because some people cant read the supplemements when they come out the proactive people should have to wait! I think it is wrong. IMO

Quote Originally Posted by Bones49 View Post
    Sure seems funny to me that they can sort out the brown bear non res tags in December, but for the residents we get the hind tit. Why is it that they should take precedence over 24/7 Alaskans. Maybe it's the " RANDOM " part that takes the time! Shouldn't they all come out at once?
    Amen to that Bones!

Since they are not drawing the 20A moose hunts what are the other moose hunts that results are coming out for?

Default be nice if they give a reason

so they can make sure I get my tags!
    Even a jackass won't stumble on the same stone twice.

Quote Originally Posted by ACNDHO View Post
    so they can make sure I get my tags!

Don't worry, I've got that goat tag sewed up.

Got my letter from F&G explaining the moose fiasco today.

Default 20A moose tags

I got a letter as well, and I'm pretty ticked off at the whole thing. Here's an idea....read the dang regs and quit whining! It sounds to me like those of us that did apply had a good chance of drawing those tags. Now we'll be put into a pool with a bunch of other people (including all the whiners) and have a smaller chance of drawing. I think they should give us some bonus points or something for having the intelligence to read the supplement and apply correctly.

Default Even better yet

It would be nice to see all of you guys drawn unbeknownst and just let the whiners apply for whats left and get their donations in. Then they would feel like they had a chance to play

Quote Originally Posted by oakman View Post
    I got a letter as well, and I'm pretty ticked off at the whole thing. Here's an idea....read the dang regs and quit whining! It sounds to me like those of us that did apply had a good chance of drawing those tags. Now we'll be put into a pool with a bunch of other people (including all the whiners) and have a smaller chance of drawing. I think they should give us some bonus points or something for having the intelligence to read the supplement and apply correctly.
    No, they should just give you a tag for doing what the whiners didn't, reading the freakin supplement!! You snooze you lose!!

Default Whiners

The only whining going on is by you guys. Get over it! All you are doing is asking for people who had no intention to put in for the draw to do it now, like me!!!!!!!!!! Suck it up, life aint fair, didnt your mother tell you that.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast