Thread: fishing off the beach in homer

Default fishing off the beach in homer

I have fished there in the summer but wanted to give it a try this time of year has anyone ever tryed it?

Yes I have. By the CG dock you will see people fishing there. I have caught polluck, cod and sole.
    Living the Alaskan Dream
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK

that's good to know I might try and get down there this weekend

If you go, please post a report...I may be down in Homer once or twice in Feb-April...I always like to toss some jigs off the end of the spit when there, but have never tried quite so early in the year.
    "The Gods do not subtract from the allotted span of men's lives the hours spent in fishing" Assyrian Tablet 2000 B.C.

While we're on the topic of surf fishing, has anyone attempted to do it in Whittier during the winter months? There's a spot at the head of the bay (just past the second creek) where you could easily get the tackle down to around 75 ft or so. Also, I know that there is a big dock on the south end of town where I caught a couple decent rock fish last September, but I was on my boat. The depth finder was reading 75-90 ft deep right in that area just 10-15 yds off the dock. Not sure if they'd take too kindly to us out-of-towners fishing there though.