Thread: 32" choke for hunting geese?

Default 32" choke for hunting geese?

Maybe this has been descussed here already but i recently came across
    this 32" inch choke and was wondering if anyone has experiance with it
    here is a link to a site where i found them.
    http://www.shotgunsportsmagazine.com/store/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=31_53&zenid=b18d9d 5d23bd442a48cdc4dde549a11b

I wonder if it would help to have a longer choke to shoot further.
    also what kind of choke would you use at the end of the 32inch choke
    for shooting geese or ducks.?
    It would look interesting though carrying a 7 foot shotgun

Short answer - NO

Default city gun

With light loads it is verry quiet. They use them in citys, golf coarses, ect.

Sounds like the metro gun, I know it was tested and partially develped by L.P. Brenzy (sp) out of Minnesota. He did a review of it in waterfowl magazine. It was designed for the metro goose hunts and to have just a 'pop' out of the barrel.

Default pop

I think that it would get a "poop" out of the barrel instead of a pop.......that is a crock of poop.....maybe work well for metro hunts - O to hunt geese in a city park in Denver.......now that would be some subsistence hunting right thar!

Quote Originally Posted by Bullelkklr View Post
    I think that it would get a "poop" out of the barrel instead of a pop.......that is a crock of poop.....maybe work well for metro hunts - O to hunt geese in a city park in Denver.......now that would be some subsistence hunting right thar!
    I have the ballistic testing at home, they actually worked pretty well on actual goose hunts. I will see if I can find it tonight.

I remember reading the testing stuff. Back then it was only for Hastings threaded barrels. Looking at the posted link it appears that they got their mind in the right spot and started threading them to the OEM choke threads so that you didn't have to buy both the Hastings barrel and the extension.

For what its worth, it you are a good shotgun shooter you will notice a slight improvement in your swing and hits on target due to the doubling of your sight plane, and the additional mass of the extension keeping your swing movement steady. If you are an average to poor shotgun shooter it will just slow you down and make things worse since you don't know proper sight picture and swing control.

As the link and the test article stated this barrel system was engineered for the sub sonic Federal loads to be used to clean up golf course geese in the Lower 48. Kind of like a silencer on your .22 pistol when you are taking out the neighbors cat(s). These geese are typically at less than 30 yards or landing on top of you. The soft report of the shot keeps them from flairing so you get a chance to shoot more geese. It is short range only system.

here is another link about them by some guys that have shot them.

And here is an article about them.