Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Sportsman Warehouse Inventory

Default Sportsman Warehouse Inventory

This morning my shooting friend phoned the powers to be at Sportsman Warehouse to voice our concern that SW had no inventory of powder,primers,bullets or brass. The powers to be assured us that they would have a full inventory in stock in two weeks. I am not going to hold my breath. Now ya know.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCountry View Post
    This morning my shooting friend phoned the powers to be at Sportsman Warehouse to voice our concern that SW had no inventory of powder,primers,bullets or brass. The powers to be assured us that they would have a full inventory in stock in two weeks. I am not going to hold my breath. Now ya know.
    Bottom line, SW is in the process of being sold to a Canadian company. The current owners just aren't going to spend any money on inventory, and the new owners haven't had a chance to start yet. Add in the need for businesses to run down their inventories for Jan 1 inventories for taxes, and you've got a double whammy. No conspiracies, just business.

I wouldn't look for it to get any better till the ownership actually changes and the new owners have a chance to order, then for the freight to arrive and get on the shelves. Exactly what goes on the shelves in the "new" SW is another question. I'd wait and see on that. May be better, may be worse, but it won't be the same.

Quote Originally Posted by BrownBear View Post
    Bottom line, SW is in the process of being sold to a Canadian company. The current owners just aren't going to spend any money on inventory, and the new owners haven't had a chance to start yet. Add in the need for businesses to run down their inventories for Jan 1 inventories for taxes, and you've got a double whammy. No conspiracies, just business.

I wouldn't look for it to get any better till the ownership actually changes and the new owners have a chance to order, then for the freight to arrive and get on the shelves. Exactly what goes on the shelves in the "new" SW is another question. I'd wait and see on that. May be better, may be worse, but it won't be the same.
    That's exactly what my buddy just told me last night nearly verbatim. I think that's the real story. Been hearing two weeks for over two months!

Tim

Quote Originally Posted by tccak71 View Post
    That's exactly what my buddy just told me last night nearly verbatim. I think that's the real story. Been hearing two weeks for over two months!

Tim
    Yup. I got it directly from a couple of the "jobbers" or dealers that sell to SW and all the other sporting goods stores instate. You think you're frustrated, you should talk to the jobbers!

Thanks for the information. I was wondering when things may start showing up again.

When they pay their bills

Hey! If I look thru this empty beer bottle, I think I can see Russia from here!!!

Well…………… it MAY be true, but it sure isn’t as much fun as a good old “conspiracy theory”………….. In fact, I bet it is REALLY because the new “Canadian” owners are conspiring to aid the “gun grabbing cartel” by restocking with off brand or counterfeit defective reloading components! The true plan is now obvious; the “Pink Pansies Liberation Organization” (PPLO) is a secret sect dedicated to the cause of frustrating and inconveniencing as many American hand loaders as possible………..

Dang it……….. I seem to have misplaced my tinfoil helmet! Just when I need it the most!
    “You’ve gotten soft. You’re like one of those police dogs who’s released in to the wild and gets eaten by a deer or something.” Bill McNeal of News Radio

Quote Originally Posted by Alangaq View Post
    Well…………… it MAY be true, but it sure isn’t as much fun as a good old “conspiracy theory”………….. In fact, I bet it is REALLY because the new “Canadian” owners are conspiring to aid the “gun grabbing cartel” by restocking with off brand or counterfeit defective reloading components! The true plan is now obvious; the “Pink Pansies Liberation Organization” (PPLO) is a secret sect dedicated to the cause of frustrating and inconveniencing as many American hand loaders as possible………..

Dang it……….. I seem to have misplaced my tinfoil helmet! Just when I need it the most!
    Look out your window QUICK!!!!

They really ARE coming to get you. You're just not supposed to air this kind of secret.

Just a heads up......

I was just in Sporty's today. They just received a decent supply of Nosler bullets, and they had plenty of Barnes already on the shelf.

There was a shopping cart full of various primers, too. They had Federal, Winchester, and CCI primers, in just about every configuration.

They had some rifle powder too, but it was all in 1# cans and they were limited to the flavors offered by Ramshot and Accurate Arms.

They probably won't last long, but they were there at lunch today.......1/27/09.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan in Alaska View Post
    Just a heads up......

I was just in Sporty's today. They just received a decent supply of Nosler bullets, and they had plenty of Barnes already on the shelf.

There was a shopping cart full of various primers, too. They had Federal, Winchester, and CCI primers, in just about every configuration.

They had some rifle powder too, but it was all in 1# cans and they were limited to the flavors offered by Ramshot and Accurate Arms.

They probably won't last long, but they were there at lunch today.......1/27/09.
    Cool. I'm gonna call the Wasilla store now and see ***....

Quote Originally Posted by Wildalaska View Post
    When they pay their bills
    Ay, there the rub!!
    "Everything that lives and moves will be food for you. Just as I gave you the green plants, I now give you everything."

I can say that the Fairbanks store powders etc have bare shelves. They were bare back around Thanksgiving and never got any better. The clerks there mostly blame it on the Obama scare. Never mentioned the buy out. I had to have at least a pound of imr 4895 and found a can at Sentury hardware for 32.99. After combing the area for supplies I am glad I found it for that.

Frontier (Old Sentry) in Fairbanks seems to have a steady trickle of stuff come in. I went in this monday and they had about 8 lbs of H110 (6 after I left). Some other powders and a bunch of primers. They have some bullets too.

North Pole Sentry also got some powder in this week. Mainly the more common IMR powders, and only 1 lb. containers. You're looking at about $33/lb, but at least they have it. They got their shipment on Tuesday, and they still had a good selection this morning when I was there.

Quote Originally Posted by walk-in View Post
    You're looking at about $33/lb, but at least they have it.
    No way I am paying $33 a pound for powder. I'd rather wait three weeks for delivery from the lower 48 than support a store thats making a 100% profit due to supply in demand. FWIW, Natches has IMR 4350 for $19.49 a pound, add $4 for shipping and thats still $10 less than Sentry.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronster View Post
    No way I am paying $33 a pound for powder. I'd rather wait three weeks for delivery from the lower 48 than support a store thats making a 100% profit due to supply in demand. FWIW, Natches has IMR 4350 for $19.49 a pound, add $4 for shipping and thats still $10 less than Sentry.
    I agree, but for those who just have to have it right now, its there. Personally, I'm waiting for my dad to come up this spring and bring me some from the Lesser 48. $19/lb is still about the going rate down there. If I really have to have some before then, I'll either check into getting it in Whitehorse (IMR is made in Canada, after all) or bum some from a few guys I know who have more than I do stockpiled.

So your not willing to support your local shops huh? No wonder the big dogs are drowning all the little gun shops out of business. I guess you can buy a couple gallons of gas or an extra Big Mac with the money saved.

Its not that I wont support a local shop, but why would I support someone that is obviously taking advantage of a situation (and in turn, me)? Common sense has to play a part in pricing, trust me, I know, I run my own business. I price my products due to fairness and because of this I can sleep well at night. Am I wrong for not letting myself be taken advantage of???

I only paid 24 bucks for the H110 this week from Frontier. Only a buck more than a pound I bought from them last summer.

Prices other then sportsmans may be going up, this may or may not be fair. But Sportsmans has not had powder since November. I would rather pay 150% of sportsmans prices to a business that actually has something to sell then look at empty shelves. For that mater I don't mind if some outfits do raise there prices while sportsmans adds nothing to the selves. It keeps thouse that do not wish to pay the increase from buying so it is there when I needed it. I may or may not buy due to the price but atleast it is there for me to choose.

That said I have started to get more and more non-hazmat stuff via mail order. The local selection of bullets, and reloading tools is so poor that they may as well not stock anything. Given the amount of time I spend trying to get stuff locally I think there could be a real business for one of the small gunshops to stock up on reloading stuff. Ofcoarse by the time they did sportsmans would just come back in and undercut them out of business so they can play the same not order anything game in a few years.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast