Thread: Popular demand tent camps (Where)

Kenai pen, in summer. Matsu vally in winter

Default Popular demand tent camps (Where)

I have everything you need for a first rate tent camp and am looking for The perfect spot to set it up. I work for someone that has a tubine otter so getting the camp there isnt a problem.
    I am going to set it up on the kustatan river for silvers from july 20 thrue aug 20. This is probaly the best silver fishing on the west side from kenai 19 min flight. But as far as kings and reds i would like to have everyones oppenion where the best spot would be.
    Keep in mind that it would be fly Out from Kenai or the matsu vally. and out far enough to where there would be no big crouds.

Default Too many guides already on west side

There is no need for any more fish guides on the west side cook inlet. There is too many as there is. Go set your tent up in Centennial campground in Soldotna.

Quote Originally Posted by matsuthunder View Post
    I have everything you need for a first rate tent camp and am looking for The perfect spot to set it up. I work for someone that has a tubine otter so getting the camp there isnt a problem.
    I am going to set it up on the kustatan river for silvers from july 20 thrue aug 20. This is probaly the best silver fishing on the west side from kenai 19 min flight. But as far as kings and reds i would like to have everyones oppenion where the best spot would be.
    Keep in mind that it would be fly Out from Kenai or the matsu vally. and out far enough to where there would be no big crouds.

Since Northern Dynasty Mines (Anglo American) is leasing every vacant room in the greater Iliamna / Newhalen area this year (Pebble Mine development), folks who want to rainbow & sockeye fish out there will have no choice but to tent-camp. If you can offer something different (or upscale) compared to the traditional 'Coleman Camping' avenue, then you may have a shot. (Also, be very conscious of native & private property boundaries.)

Kenai pen, in summer. Matsu vally in winter

I have been guideing on the west side for a long time and there is no tent camp over there. I have a large amount of people that want this camp over there so they dont haft to pay for a flight every day. I was looking for openions on other places and dif, times of the year. I was thinking of maybe the chuit also. I do have a in with the natives on the chuit
    If you dont have anthing positive to say or any ideas post your thoughts on someone else,s thread.

Default Ditto

Quote Originally Posted by chinookee2004 View Post
    There is no need for any more fish guides on the west side cook inlet. There is too many as there is.
    Crowded? No...
    Let's see, there are at LEAST 4 lodges, a half dozen independent guides and 2 helicopter companies hammering the Chuit now. That's not counting the locals and all the Anchorage traffic. There is an otter flying people in to rotate the helicopter paying fishermen with a fresh batch 2-3 times a day. They are flying all day long killing fish. (Same otter that you mentioned?)
    The tent camps used to be on the Theodore. Until that fishery got wiped out and has been C&R kings for a lot of years as they do not bounce back quickly. The Silvers are a shadow of what used to be there. That's where the Chuit is heading.

If you really don't want crowded fishing, I honestly think that a better time would be had further south. Are you restricted to strips or is he on floats?
    Live life and love it
    Love life and live it

Quote Originally Posted by matsuthunder View Post
    I have been guideing on the west side for a long time and there is no tent camp over there. I have a large amount of people that want this camp over there so they dont haft to pay for a flight every day. I was looking for openions on other places and dif, times of the year. I was thinking of maybe the chuit also. I do have a in with the natives on the chuit
    If you dont have anthing positive to say or any ideas post your thoughts on someone else,s thread.

Go west young man! (or south)

...But not in south central!

Default Go west, eh?

Quote Originally Posted by JimJimmers View Post

I remember the days before there was a tent camp around every bend of the Nushagak. Yeah those were good days...

try lake creek
    I choose to fly fish, not because its easy, but because its hard.

Question 4 lodges on the chuit?

Ballbuster
    Crowded? No...
    Let's see, there are at LEAST 4 lodges, a half dozen independent guides and 2 helicopter companies hammering the Chuit now.
    I know of two lodges on the Chuit. Who are the other two that makes four?
    Alaska Outdoors Television ~ Outdoor Channel

Default Fishing Lodges

Quote Originally Posted by tdelarm View Post
    I know of two lodges on the Chuit. Who are the other two that makes four?
    Chuit River Lodge
    Tyonek Lodge
    3 Mile Creek Lodge
    Sodanos place, which is in a state of transition
    T.C. Lewis Lodge, which is teamed up with Theotatma Adventures
    I'm not sure if Virgil has his up & running or not , I saw his rig on the river

Never said "on" the river, just among the groups responsible for the crowds.

Which 2 were you naming?
    Live life and love it
    Love life and live it

Thumbs up Alaska Tent Camp

Quote Originally Posted by JimJimmers View Post

It doesn't matter where you fish in Alaska - there will be someone on the river saying he owns it. My family has been in Alaska for generations (not counting the native side). We never claim to "own" any part of Alaska, although Clark's pass was named after my great grandfather's grandfather.

The best part about our tent camp is that it isn't a lodge. It can move about the state to make sure clients get the best possible environment and the best possible fishing.

That means, if the fishing isn't good, don't set up camp! Let the locals get their subsistence fish. Let the fishing rest in that area. The problem isn't that there are more guides, it's that there are more people looking to fish in Alaska. Demand is rising. So the solution isn't to badmouth all the other guides, its to partner with them to make sure they are top-notch players who know what their doing and make sure clients respect the rivers and their resources as much as we do.

Whether you like it or not, we have created such a camp. Alaska Fish Camp. This year and last, it's on the Kustatan because the Kustatan has been hot, but who knows where the fish will be next year - But thats where we will be.

Jerami

Quote Originally Posted by bullbuster View Post
    Chuit River Lodge
    Tyonek Lodge
    3 Mile Creek Lodge
    Sodanos place, which is in a state of transition
    T.C. Lewis Lodge, which is teamed up with Theotatma Adventures
    I'm not sure if Virgil has his up & running or not , I saw his rig on the river

Never said "on" the river, just among the groups responsible for the crowds.

Which 2 were you naming?
    Don't forget Freeman is guiding guys too.

[QUOTE=matsuthunder;421236]....as far as kings and reds i would like to have everyones oppenion where the best spot would be...QUOTE]

Not to rescue a hijacked thread, but the the dude was asking this (see above); well, in that area my guess is somewhere the Chakachatna-McArthur system; since it is rumored to have lots of those fish, and aggressive drooling bears jumping for helicopters.