Thread: resurrection trail snow in April?

Default resurrection trail snow in April?

Can anyone tell me how much snow is usually still on resurrection trail in late April or if the hill sides are still snowed over that time of year? Im planning on spending about 4 days around caribou creek area but I have never been back there that time of year. Thanks for any help.

Default Snow

Yes, there will be snow. This year, I would expect the avalanche potential to be high (lotsa early snow, extreme cold, really warm, more snow).

I bear hunt in that general region and see considerable snow well into May or even early June.

Good luck! Be Safe! Have fun!

[quote=Stogey;421317]Yes, there will be snow. This year, I would expect the avalanche potential to be high (lotsa early snow, extreme cold, really warm, more snow). I bear hunt in that general region and see considerable snow well into May or even early June.quote]

I'll Ditto that, you'll want snowshoes, as the snow will be rotten. We had 42 " till about two weeks ago, now about 14" at 1,000 foot ASL The wind blown faces will be clear, and the gulches will have 9 feet. We just had heavy rain even at 4,400 ASL and that should add structure to existing snow pack and mitigate the avalanche danger some. If your not hunting March is a goooooder month. You could also have someone drop you at the head of Caribou via Palmer Creek.

I'll be hunting. Unfortunatley that is my only time window all summer for consecutive days off besides a weekend, and I know how the cabin reservations fill up so I went ahead and booked it. Thanks for the info.