Thread: Anyone know about the Sig Pro 2340?

Default Anyone know about the Sig Pro 2340?

I just bought one and have been searching for a laser/light combo to attach to the accessory rail with no luck. All the lights I have found will no work. Also I have found that even finding a holster that works isn't easy. It seems that this gun wasn't or isn't very popular. Can anyone tell me where I can find accessories for my gun?

No one huh? Well I emailed SIG Sauer's customer service and they said since it was dicontinued they have no accessories for it. They did give me a few websites to try but i still found nothing. I have been able to find mags and holsters but no luck on a light yet.

I had one that was an OK gun but it was not very accurate in my hands so i sold it.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but all of the sig pro 2340s I've seen do not have a rail on the front. Nor have my google searches shown any with rails.

My point being that without a rail I would use standard handheld light tactics. You should always carry a handheld light with a defensive pistol anyway (IMHO). They also make some great handheld lights that are designed to keep that hand free.

http://www.justpistols.co.uk/sigpro.htm

Quote Originally Posted by AKF View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but all of the sig pro 2340s I've seen do not have a rail on the front. Nor have my google searches shown any with rails.

My point being that without a rail I would use standard handheld light tactics. You should always carry a handheld light with a defensive pistol anyway (IMHO). They also make some great handheld lights that are designed to keep that hand free.

http://www.justpistols.co.uk/sigpro.htm
    Look at the pic again. It has a rail underneath. It's different than the style used now. That's why it is proving to be difficult to find accessories. I seen they do make an adapter that utilizes the factory rail and makes it more like the current ones, then I could use the newer lights. It's just complicated. lol

Default Sig Forum

While I am not real familiar with this particular Sig, I remember that it was not real popular mostly due to its "plastic" construction even amoung the Sig owners. However, a number of owners who had bought one did report complete satisfaction with it. There is a great Sig forum where I got lots of information. It was both friendly and helpful. You might try it for assistance at www.SIGforum.com. Good luck. I love my Sig (P220 Equinox).

Check out Surefire. They make an adapter for their X-series weaponlights, I remember it costing about $76.

P.S. If you bought the Surefire adapter I think that all of the other light companies' products would fit.

I had a 2340 in .357 Sig for a number of years and was very happy with it. I ended up getting rid of it just for the fact that there was another gun I wanted more. I never wanted a light or other accessories for mine so I never looked. I know the front of my frame had no rail or other mounting system, just smooth. Looking at the pictures in the above link my pistol looked a bit different in general. The front of the frame was different shape, manufacture markings were different and the trigger had no goofy safety lever either. My gun was also very accurate averaging ~1" at 21' with out much difficulty.

Default Proprietary rail

The earlier Sig Pro series including the 2340 and 2009 had a proprietary rail system. The only light/ laser that would fit was made by Sig and may or may not be available still. Crimson trace makes a laser grip (LG-438) for this pistol that is still available. I had good luck with holsters made for the P229. Hope this helps.

Randy