Thread: 2010 Fall Moose Float - Birch Crk, Beaver Crk, Fortymile Rvr

Default 2010 Fall Moose Float - Birch Crk, Beaver Crk, Fortymile Rvr

I am looking for ideas on Fall 2010 Moose Hunt. I know I wont make it this year, based on work, but I have time to prep and save vacation for 2010.

I have been reading and reviewing as much information as I can get my hands on, and I was wondering if anybody had any first hand experience on Beaver Creek, Birch Creek, or Fortymile River. I am sure someone must have some good first hand on the last of the three.

I am looking for something floatable. I would prefer to only have either a fly in drop off or pickup, not both. I am trying to keep the trip in the two week time frame, with an optimal 7-10 days of actual float time.

I also am looking for a place to get off of the river and hunt.

If anyone can give me some decent info on these drainages, relevant to the conditions I just laid out, I would really appreciate it.

Any ideas related to any other drainages would also be more than welcome.

Thanks in advance.
    "A vote is like a rifle: its usefulness depends upon the character of the user." Theodore Roosevelt, 1913

Default Hire out

Your better off hiring M Strahan or L Bartlett and let them plan your hunt. The two B Rivers are hunted hard and the 40 mile has some white water to contend with

Default Floated

Send a pm if you are interested in Birch Creek. I have floated it twice and my partner an additional 2 times. I have also looked at Beaver Creek.

In all probablilty I will use one of the two hunt planners mentioned for my next trip.

Thanks for the initial comments.

Have either of you already utilized hunt planning services?
    "A vote is like a rifle: its usefulness depends upon the character of the user." Theodore Roosevelt, 1913

Default No

I haven't used either service but I probably will for my next moose float hunt.

Phil