Thread: Rolly Lakes Trail

Default Rolly Lakes Trail

Anybody have a tip for how to find Rolly Lakes Trail? I'm taking the family to a rented State Parks cabin on the Nancy Lake canoe trails, and we're getting there on snowmachines from the Willow Lake area. So we'll ride to Willow Swamp, then try to catch a trail to Nancy Lake Parkway. The maps show a Rolly Lakes Trail making this connection from Willow Swamp to the Parkway, but I haven't been on that trail before and I'm not sure how to find it or what to look for. Any tips? Any trouble towing a sled with firewood and camping gear through that area up to the Parkway?

Default Try Trail Boss

Try and get ahold of "Trail Boss" on this forum
    or http://www.waco-ak.org/index.php/Trails/Intro

There is no problem with pulling a sled and with the colder temps there should be no overflow problems. Have Fun

Exclamation Easy!!!

Once you are on the Willow Swamp Trail go to the south end and there is a big sign with a map. Note: Ice on the lakes is ruff!
    Trail Boss
    Willow Trail Committe
    ALASKA'S Winter Park Cabins
    To boldly make trail where no man has gone before!!!

Thumbs up Update!

All that and more was GROOMED today!!!
    Trail Boss
    Willow Trail Committe

Thanks for the replies. Sounds like I should expect to see a big sign at or near the intersection of the Rolly Lakes Trail and the Willow Swamp Loop, a little like the kiosk where the trail from Vera Lake meets the Willow Swamp Loop. That's what I'll look for, anyway. Can always turn around if I need to, I suppose, but with young kids along I hope to minimize that.

I was close by this area on Saturday night, and the new snow helped improve conditions quite a bit. Good enough for some guy to lay down skate ski tracks!

Thanks also for the trail updates here and trail grooming - a much appreciated service.

Default Update!!!!

Just a sign on a post with a map on it. You can't miss it!!!!
    Trail Boss
    Willow Trail Committe

Found the trail, no problem, just like you said. Had a great trip. Quiet out on the Nancy Lake canoe trails.

Broke the cowling that holds the starter pawl when I went to start my Tundra in the morning, but found a way to get the engine started anyway and was able to keep it running all the way home, even during the snack breaks for the kids, so it all worked out. I'll probably put a new cowling on and keep using it, but if anybody is looking to buy a 1996 Tundra II LT I'd consider selling it.

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by HTD View Post
    Found the trail, no problem, just like you said. Had a great trip. Quiet out on the Nancy Lake canoe trails.

Broke the cowling that holds the starter pawl when I went to start my Tundra in the morning, but found a way to get the engine started anyway and was able to keep it running all the way home, even during the snack breaks for the kids, so it all worked out. I'll probably put a new cowling on and keep using it, but if anybody is looking to buy a 1996 Tundra II LT I'd consider selling it.
    PM sent. Check it out.

Did you fish? Success?
    SP
    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

Default No Fishing This Time

We took food, clothes and water, then filled all remaining space in the sleds with wood because having a good supply of wood sure contributes to restful sleep. So the auger and other gear stayed home. Didn't notice any holes along the way, either, but we took a pretty straight shot across the lakes.