Thread: P&A Jobs ?

Hubert NC

Question P&A Jobs ?

There is aways Q's about pilots but does anyone have any input on job market and pay scales for a new P&A mech?

Default A&P wages

I seen in Trade a Plane that Bering Air was looking for an A&P. I think they said starting around $26/hour. They are based in Nome.

Eagle River, AK

Default A&P Jobs

Do you live in Alaska? There are several openings for A&P's just pick up a copy of the Anchorage Daily News or any other state news paper. Career Builder and Monster have some openings too. Do you want to work jets or GA? A person can do it all up here!

Anchorage, AK

Default A&P jobs

First off, it's an Airframe and Powerplant certificate, commonly called an A&P license. In Alaska the possibilities are as vast as the state itself. I would say that the pay can range from as low as $15.00 per hour for a mechanics helper w/no license to well over $30.00 per hour for a seasoned (read old) airline mechanic who has paid his dues. Most mechanics will earn around $20.00 to $26.00 per hour depending on who and where you live.
    If you are looking at it as a possible career, I will tell you that you will never get rich doing it, but if you love airplanes and are passionate about doing it, then you will enjoy everyday you go to work. If you want to work in ALaska, I would recommend getting all the experience you can on a variety of aircraft as you will probably find one of everything up here. I have worked on everything from J3 cubs to 747's here. Also, Alaska is hard on airplanes, very hard! Spend some time rebuilding a few wrecks, then when you think you know what you are doing, come up and you should have a good foundation to begin up here.
    Also, learn to think on your feet. As the Marines say, adapt and overcome. It could save you from spending a few days or weeks out in the middle of nowhere or finding an "innovative" solution that allows you to fly back home that some day. Best of luck! Let me know if you have any other questions!
    I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy!
    Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice, remember life is expensive and ammo is cheep!