Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: All women black bear hunt?

Default All women black bear hunt?

I do a lot of bear baiting. I like the people I meet. I have been thinking of doing an all women black bear bait hunt. With their husbands or boy friends helping them only after they get the bear. Has any one done something like this? I also thouhgt about the Girl Scouts, but don't know how that would go over.

Default Hmmm

I do a lot of bear baiting. I like the people I meet. I have been thinking of doing an all women black bear bait hunt. With their husbands or boy friends helping them only after they get the bear. Has any one done something like this? I also thouhgt about the Girl Scouts, but don't know how that would go over.
    Interesting...an all women black bear hunt put on TV.

A girl scouts hunting TV show...now that's one I haven't thought of nor seen. What kind of badge would they get for that. Guess Alaskans would be the most accepting bunch try it out.
    Alaska Outdoors Television ~ Outdoor Channel

I think that would be a great idea. I would be interested... and I think a few of the other women would also be interested.
    No amount of education can help those who want to remain permanently ignorant of facts, which includes those whom have been educated.

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Quote Originally Posted by tdelarm View Post
    Interesting...an all women black bear hunt put on TV.

A girl scouts hunting TV show...now that's one I haven't thought of nor seen. What kind of badge would they get for that. Guess Alaskans would be the most accepting bunch try it out.
    the Fairbanks Girl scouts did a trapping program here a winter or two ago... when it hit the papers they got so much ANTI/hate mail they pulled the program. they were getting help form the local trappers association trapping problem beaver around fairbanks...
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

My partner and I did that last spring by taking a couple of Soldiers out that where about to deploy. I know they where not girls, but one of them sure wanted me to pick him up lickity split after a few encounters at night with some flying squirrels.......Thats all Im going to say about that

Default get em in the woods

Its great getting the ladies into the woods. I wouldn't give mine up to hunt with another gal or guy if I could help it, though. Its much too rewarding for both of us to be able to hunt together! I get more of a thrill from seeing her connect than I ever get personally. She really didn't want to get out of the stand until I had gone and confirmed the bear was dead, and I certainly wouldn't want her to be the one going off into the bushes to finish business! I'm glad I was there to congratulate and comfort her after all was said and done. (Comfort because another bear nosed in as she was descending the tree one year, and because the death moan distressed her the next year)

Default Great Idea

I was thinking about the same thing. I was going to offer a womens only predator control hunt in 16b. This would require that the ladies (4 to 6) stay 2 or 3 days. Still working it and I will post it on this forum once the details are set.

Troy

I quite girl scouts in third grade when the boys got to go on a camping trip and we got to learn how to use a dust pan...

I think an all woman hunt is a great idea.
    Alaska, the Madness; Bloggity Stories of the North
    http://cloud9doula.wordpress.com/

Does this shotgun make my butt look big?

cubguy

Thats got to be the best pick up line I have heard in a long time!...grin

Default Details

TV321. that's where I am at, 16B. I have a cabin on the Beluga river.
    Alaskaclub. My wife said she would be there to help!

It's $150 round trip from Anchorage to Beluga on Spernak. I am not going to expect, or receive any thing. One of the legal reguirements for bear baiting for a non guide. You just have to feed me? Also, you get to use the four wheelers and truck.

I think this is a great idea.
    The only thing worse than a Subaru is the as*hole who drives it.

Default Great Idea But

I plan on taking two ladys hunting Black Bear this Spring in the PWS on my boat. I expect it to be lots of work, only one plans on taking a bear. But the enjoyment will be from watching her take a bear. If her hubby end up being home he'll go if not it will be the wife & me and this ladys first bear.
    Better get a video camera!

Quote Originally Posted by AlaskaCub View Post
    cubguy

Thats got to be the best pick up line I have heard in a long time!...grin
    That's what I was thinking!

Doc

Question Cubguy?

Hey great idea I hope several people take you up on it, are thereany permits or anything else we need to be aware of for example is it Tyonek native land or just state?

I sent you a PM with a few more questions
    19' Lowe Roughneck
    90/65 Honda 4 stroke
    Outboard Jet

Quote Originally Posted by wldboar View Post
    I think this is a great idea.

Yet... they are trying to pick us up. Go figure...
    No amount of education can help those who want to remain permanently ignorant of facts, which includes those whom have been educated.

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Quote Originally Posted by upinak View Post
    Yet... they are trying to pick us up. Go figure...

one track mind......and you blame us guys for it
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Quote Originally Posted by Vince View Post
    one track mind......and you blame us guys for it
    No I don't blame you, two heads one mind... but that is neither here nor there.

I would like to go hunting. Not worried about someone breathing down my neck. And sometimes it is easier to not hunt/fish with a spouse or sig other.

Default ???

Man , seems like you're trying to complicate your life , I must be getting to **** old .

Quote Originally Posted by upinak View Post
    No I don't blame you, two heads one mind... but that is neither here nor there.

I would like to go hunting. Not worried about someone breathing down my neck. And sometimes it is easier to not hunt/fish with a spouse or sig other.

Na i think to many ladies jump to the immediate conclusion that if a guy offers to help, he has other motives in mind. i have found most people enjoy taking the less experienced out, as i do. i offer to take some people every year, some go some don't, based on the VIEW it may inspire in others. not all men are scourges,

meet on face book here

Quote Originally Posted by Vince View Post
    Na i think to many ladies jump to the immediate conclusion that if a guy offers to help, he has other motives in mind. i have found most people enjoy taking the less experienced out, as i do. i offer to take some people every year, some go some don't, based on the VIEW it may inspire in others. not all men are scourges,

So Vince, does that mean your are taking me hunting this year?
    The only thing worse than a Subaru is the as*hole who drives it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast