Thread: Fairbanks AC Game Subcommittee Meeting

Arrow Fairbanks AC Game Subcommittee Meeting

Here's a chance for us Northern Folk to be able to chime in on the upcoming proposals.

http://www.adfg.state.ak.us/regs/publicnotices.php

"The Fairbanks Fish and Game Advisory Game Sub-Committee will be holding a public meeting in Fairbanks on Wednesday January 28,2009 at 6:00 p.m. at the Fish and Game Farmhouse Conference Room at 1300 College Road.

The Game Sub-Committee will be going over South Central Game Proposals and drafting recommendations for the full committee meeting on Feb 11, 2009"

I believe the Delta Jct. AC meeting is on the same day at 6:00 pm at the C. Center behind the high school, I'll check on the date to make sure. They will also be holding a full day workshop here in Delta on Feb 7th

Default Fairbanks meeting

This sub-committee meeting will not only be discussing the proposals for the Southeast BOG meeting, but will also be discussing the recommendatons that arose from the recent meeting of the four local AC's regarding the antlerless hunt reauthorization for GMU20A as well as the reauthorization for other Interior units. Then, as mentioned, the sub-committees recommendation will go to the full AC at the meeting on the 11th.
    I encourage as many of you as possible to come to the sub-committee meeting, as that is where the real "work" and discussion takes place on these important issues. Please note that the meeting starts at 6pm, instead of the usual 7pm.

Turns out I couldn't make the meeting because of a different meeting I had. Anyone have any info of interest?

Default Meeting to be continued

The Sub-Committee only made it through about 2/3 of the proposals that are going before the Board in March. They are going to continue the meeting this coming Wednesday, the 4th. So, if anybody still has a passion about any of those proposals, there is still an opportunity to be heard. The meeting is in the same place--at 6pm in the small white building next to the Creamers Field barn.

Be advised though, that they are not discussing and making recommendations on all of the initiatives. They are only looking at the 75, or so, that are statewide proposals, proposals affecting GMU's up here, or have an impact on hunters from this area.

Thanks for the info. I've been looking over the proposals. Man, lots of stuff to wade through. Unfortunately I have a meeting this wednesday so can't make it.

Default A few Proposals folks may want to comment on

13-19--to limit the number of nonresident sheep permits
    110--to restrict the use of aircraftfor sheep hunting in GMU's 13 & 14
    115--establish a preference point system in GMU 11/13 for sheep, moose and bison.
    116--restrict the use of motorized vehicles in GMU 13
    142--establish a separate bag limit for goat hunters taking nannies.
    196--set bag limit for bison at one per lifetime--statewide.
    210--To count wounded bears as the bag limit.
    205--to allow organizations to transplant rescued moose calves.
    212-214--Limit nonresident sheep permits in Region II.
    218--Modify sheep season to allow residents to hunt sheep 10 days before non-residents--all of Region II.
    234--Reauthorization of antlerless moose season in GMU 20A/20B/20D.
    240--To allow 6 draw permit aplications per species, instead of 3.
    241--Create a bonus point system for bison
    242/3--Create special hunts for disabled vets.
    244--Limit the use of full metal jackets for all calibers and statewide (original proposal was only for .223 caliber, and only units 1-4. The Board amended it to read all calibers, and statewide)

Proposal books can be picked up at the Fish and Game office, or seen online.

Lot of sheep proposals there. Would be interesting if any of those are adopted.

The workshop will be here in Delta tomorrow from 9:00 to 3:00