Thread: Anchorage Fly out Trip Info

Default Anchorage Fly out Trip Info

I just moved up here this past May and had a few buddies come up to hang out, check out the sites and do some fishing. We are going to try and make it an annual trip but I don't want to just stick them with the classic tourist road fishing. They don't have alot of money so I am looking for options for a local short term trip. Maybe a day or overnight or two night trip. They can't afford to take a jet to say Kotz or Bethel and then charter but we could afford to charter a flight out of anchorage possibly. Has anyone taken a trip such as this and had any luck. They will probably be up here mid to late August, possibly September. Most of us fly fish but one guy that will definitely come is pretty new to fishing so it would be good to have the option to throw a spinner as well. Not particular about the species. I just want to get them on something good, maybe a miny alaska experience so I can entice them into a bigger trip in the upcoming years. Any ideas at this point would be great and hugely appreciated.

alexander lake pike fishing is probably what I'd do for a cheap fly out
    I choose to fly fish, not because its easy, but because its hard.

If money is an issue, get Scenic Mountain Air in Moose Pass to fly you to Paradise Lake. Rent the state cabin there for $45/night, stay 2 or 3 nights, fly fishing for grayling during the day, sipping liquor by the fire at night. You should have the place entirely to yourself as this is a fly in only lake. Unlike Cresent and Carter Lakes that can be hiked to. Some great scenery, solitude, and grayling fishing would be a nice way to show them the area. After that, drive up to the Upper Kenai and rent a raft, float the Upper Kenai (Sportsmans to Jims Landing) for rainbows, stay at a campground in the area, the next day, float it again. Two great 6-9 hours of fly fishing for bows there and the cost is near nothing. Just the raft rental and campground fees. Like $120/day (minus the $50 beer/day). I am going in Sept myself with Alaskachuck (forum member) and can't wait. Sounds like an easy float with great fishing. Shoot him a PM for some finer points on the area. Turn the raft in after the second day float on the Upper Kenai, and drive over towards Soldotna rent a motel room or two. Showers, pizza delivery, and a good nights sleep. Wake up and head down to Anchor and Ninilchik. Trip timing should be perfect for silvers coming in. Camp nearby and fish the mouths, and upstream for silvers. Man, that is one perfect week of fishing. I am sure your buds would be coming back to see you

http://sma.pictoris.net/index.php?op...d=28&Itemid=42

The two loudest sounds known to man: a gun that goes bang when it is supposed to go click and a gun that goes click when it is supposed to go bang.

HeHe I think I'm gonna do that myself, fellas. Thanks for the good ideas!

Give Trail Ridge at Lake Hood a call and they can set up a variety of options.I take one or two trips a year with them and have always been successful.

Thanks for all the info. I'll be sure to check out those places. At the very minimum it gives me a good place to start. Any other ideas feel free to post them up.