Thread: buying Gun locker

Default buying Gun locker

Where is the cheapest place to buy a gun locker? I'm looking for on to hold ammo, several pistols and 5 rilfes. I want one with a combo on it and fire proof
    Living the Alaskan Dream
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK

Default Wally

It is either going to be Wally World or Sportsman Warehouse.

Trustworthy has a nice one for about $600.
    "Wine can of their wits the wise beguile, Make the sage frolic, and the serious smile." - Homer, Odyssey

Bethel, Cantwell, Fort Yukon, Skagway, Chevak and Point Hope

Wal-Mart or Sportsman Wharehouse. None of them are fireproof, just how long before it gets too hot inside of them.

Default Don't scrimp...

Go with something reputable. I bought my Cannon through Boondocks a few years ago at the Sportsman show. I think it was around $600 (down from $899). For an extra $100 you can get a digital combo lock, I stuck with the old fashioned dial combo. Cannon has one of the best warrantees in the buisness - No cost replacement for fire/flood/burglary attempt.
    AKmud
    http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j96/AKmud/213700RMK1-1.jpg

The porcupine is a peacful animal yet God still thought it necessary to give him quills....

Wink Fireproof safes

Fireproof Safes:

Basically: They are thin sheet metal with a hollow core. The core is then filled with a misture of cement and vermiculite. Once the mixture hardens, the safe is finished. Usually the pouring hole is on the bottom of the safe.

When tested this is what happens. Basically paper with combust at a little over 200 degrees. Just before that when the moisture in the vermiculite starts to turn to steam, the moisture is released keeping the interor cooler than the fire until all the steam is gone. At that point, the fire department should have got there and put the fire out. After a few hours of intense heat, nothing is going to last in a "fireproof" safe. They are also easier to get into but I can not elaborate on that.

Default Boondocks

If you want a good Fire proof safe for the best price. Boondocks. You maybe able to get one for costco or sams, but boondocks has the same price as them with excellent customer service. I bought a used safe from a guy, and they helped me with everything. Since it was a cannon. Hands down boondocks is where it's at for a GOOD safe. If ya can wait till the sports show, you can't beat thier prices!!

Since you are in Anchorage, if you can wait, go to the Sportmans' Show and buy it. For one the prices are usualy better and there are a couple of options. Action Security is also there os you can compare prices. Also they will sometimes discount the safes more on Sunday just to keep from having to haul them bacck to the store. Just a thought.