Thread: New Book

Default New Book

Some of you guys had such a good time taking me over the coals for my first book, "Flying the Alaska Wild" that I thought I'd give you a heads-up so you could be first in line to scalp me over its sequel, "The Alaska Bush Pilot Chronicles." The title isn't my idea, in case you think I'm trying to steal CloudDancer's thunder. Which I wouldn't and couldn't do anyway!

Pre-delivery price is down $9 or $10 at Alaska.com, in case you want to get into my pocket as well . . . . .

Low and Slow,

Grizzly 1

Just spent 5 minutes looking at alaska.com and never found the book. Browsed the books, did a search on the title....
    Maybe you can find the page it's on and hyper-link it to your post.

I didn't think CloudDancer was that good anyway.
    Live life and love it
    Love life and live it

Default Grizzly 1

Quote Originally Posted by bullbuster View Post
    Just spent 5 minutes looking at alaska.com and never found the book. Browsed the books, did a search on the title....
    Maybe you can find the page it's on and hyper-link it to your post.

I didn't think CloudDancer was that good anyway.
    Yeah, leave it to me to screw it all up . . . !

I meant to say: Amazon.com. It'll pop right up there.

I'm REALLY sorry!

Mort

Default Grizzly 1

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly 1 View Post
    Some of you guys had such a good time taking me over the coals for my first book, "Flying the Alaska Wild" that I thought I'd give you a heads-up so you could be first in line to scalp me over its sequel, "The Alaska Bush Pilot Chronicles." The title isn't my idea, in case you think I'm trying to steal CloudDancer's thunder. Which I wouldn't and couldn't do anyway!

Pre-delivery price is down $9 or $10 at Alaska.com, in case you want to get into my pocket as well . . . . .

Low and Slow,

Grizzly 1
    Leave it to me to get this all screwed up! I should have said: Amazon.com, which is the easiest place to find it.

Sorry to all!

Mort

Default Got both

I got the second book first in the mail so I started reading it first. I'm reading it a little slow but I'm a little more than half way throught it and enjoying the heck out of it. I must say that your gumption with the blue hole down south was quit interesting. Just curious how you got stiffed though, I have yet to find a pilot that allowed anyone to pay after the trip?

Default Grizzly 1

Quote Originally Posted by tboehm View Post
    I got the second book first in the mail so I started reading it first. I'm reading it a little slow but I'm a little more than half way throught it and enjoying the heck out of it. I must say that your gumption with the blue hole down south was quit interesting. Just curious how you got stiffed though, I have yet to find a pilot that allowed anyone to pay after the trip?
    Yeah, that part was stupid, all right. Both the videographer and the travel agent were my passengers, and I thought I had them cornerred. JUst one excuse after another. In retrospect, I should have left them in Belize.

But, I was no smarter at the Alaska guiding business. I'd get a 50% deposit, with the balance due when the party arrived in Anchorage. Sometimes the European hunters would have AMEX traveller's checks buried in their baggage, and the baggage would stay in our home in Anchorage. Several times I had other pilots return a party to Anchorage, and to my home, where they might even stay overnight. They would tell my wife that they had given me the balance in the field, while telling me that they would pay my wife upon their return to Anchorage (since their money was in the baggage, remember . . .). When I would finally arrive back in Anchcorage, the fraud had already been completed, and the hunters by then back in Europe.

I had the most trouble with (a) lawyers, (b) Texans, and (c) doctors. I quit working with any of them, even those who offered to pay in full, in cash, in advance.

The Belize trip was just another example of my very poor business judgment.

Mort