Thread: Black bear PWS Harrison Lagoon cabin

Default Black bear PWS Harrison Lagoon cabin

Anyone camped at the Harrison lagoon cabin in May for spring bear? How difficult is the boat mooring. We won't be hunting the area just using the cabin at night. It says the lagoon drains at low tide, I was wondering what others have done in the past.

Ed

I think it will be better than staying on the beach with water in your tent for days on end. There is a granite mine near by and excellent hiking in the area. If your using a red boat everything should be fine. Good hunting.

CJ

She drains loooowwwww. Came out one day and the 24' skiff was high and dry for a few hours. only time though, super low tide. We dropped off at the cabin, and had put up the boat out in the lagoon. We carried a colap kayak, used it to come back to shore. Even being high and dry that one time, we still put up in the lagoon, the other side is to exposed. The tide moves fast there. Awesome awesome area.

A lot of these cabin book 6-months out. I would book the cabin before you ask any questions, because once it is seen here, everyone will be checking where it is, how to book, and you'll be out of luck.

I have stayed at many of the public cabins both state and federal, it is one our great resources in exploring the state.

Also, agree it is better than sleeping on the boat or in a tent, unless you have a BIG boat with nice quarters.

Thanks My Lord, we have the cabin already reserved and "red boat" you better be glad I made us buy that bombshelter, it did keep us dry! I think we need a dingy. Never mind... we got you. Just bring your water wings with ya. Joker!

Ed