Thread: Boarded Mink Pics

Default Boarded Mink Pics

Here are a few mink and one ermine w/ no tail (Whoops) that I boarded this morning. What do you think??? I try my hardest to leave the red membrane on the back but it doesn't always work in my favor so I end up fleshing it all off. Also I didn't cut inspection windows as these are for personal use, not to sell. There is two females (on larger boards than needed) and three males in the bunch. The X-large male in the middle is on a male marten board. He measures 31'' inches from nose to tail on the board. Definitely the largest mink I have ever caught. I wish I would have taken some pictures before skinning. His front canines were warn down flat like an old grizz... I left the paws on him so he can be on display in my den. Just thought you all might like to see him...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSCF1106.jpg   DSCF1107.jpg  

Nice group of furry critters! Still waiting to catch my first marten!

Thanks F-16,

Hope you nail a marten soon!!!!!! You still catching some cats??? I still haven't caught one yet and the season ends at the end of this month. Lots of sign but the weather has really been slowing me down. I will be checking traps in the morning and I'm hoping to have one. This is the first time unit 7 and 15 have had a lynx season since..... I believe 2000, not positive. It's only open for the month of January so I need to catch one soon because they will probably close it next year.