Thread: HS Precision Rifles

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default HS Precision Rifles

I'm considering buying a HS Precision PHL rifle in 270 WSM... How good is HS Precision's customer service?

http://www.hsprecision.com/new_phl.htm

I read one account on the internet where the sako style extractor broke (see link below) Any comments on any weakness or strengths of this rifle

https://www.thefiringline.com/forums...d.php?t=269895

I am looking for a good mtn rifle.. any recommendations appreciated

yes i am well aware of this it was a dumb **** move on HS Precision's part and they are revising their catalog..

I would like input on this rifle

I have an HS stock on a 300 mag; it is good and rigid. I don't mind the added weight on this rifle but a sheep rifle might be too heavy. I have visited the factory and met some of the folks. They are knowledgable and are shooters; they shoot what they make. IMO they have an excellent reputation for quality but my knowledge of them is a bit thin. Good luck. J.

Default Been good to me

FWIW I have a .300 wsm PHL with fluted 22" barrel. Had some teflon finish wear off in the 4 wheeler case during hunting over very tough terrain. They recoated the guard and bolt handle at no cost. I highly recomend the .300 over the .270, but that is just me Good luck on your purchase, not quite happy with their ex-fbi spokesmodel, but they make a **** good, accurate rifle.

HS Precision.... the rifle to choose for killing women and children....

Thumbs down

Its a shame they ain't all ready broke

Quote Originally Posted by MontanaRifleman View Post
    I just got an HS precision catalog like 4 days ago and there is no reference to the infamous BATF agent that you are aluding to.. The catalog was redone... YES it was a stupid blunder but not something done intentionally... Do you truely believe that they were intentionally glorifying in the horrible events of Ruby Ridge? If so then you have some serious issues. If you truely believe what you are spouting here then I suggest you call Tom Houghton ower of HS Precison 605 341 3006 and get his side on what happenend and then let us know... I am looking forward to hearing your report on this forum.

I wouldnt consider such a rifle if I really believed they were glaating about the events of ruby ridge... ... you probably think that Dan Cooper is anti gun too... People like you are anti's greatest asset... Get a clue.

Quote Originally Posted by MontanaRifleman View Post
    I am curious to know what David Codrea would think of your remarks.

Quote Originally Posted by akscootdog View Post
    FWIW I have a .300 wsm PHL with fluted 22" barrel. Had some teflon finish wear off in the 4 wheeler case during hunting over very tough terrain. They recoated the guard and bolt handle at no cost. I highly recomend the .300 over the .270, but that is just me Good luck on your purchase, not quite happy with their ex-fbi spokesmodel, but they make a **** good, accurate rifle.
    I have been debating 270 WSM vs 300 WSM... the 270 may offer a flatter shooting round ... the 300 may offer a heavier bullet in a barnes triple shock. I am very impressed with the PHL model... what to do?