Thread: short barrel rules?

Default short barrel rules?

Up until about 4 years ago; here in Washington state we were allowed to own short barreled shotguns and rifles if you jumped through the hoops and paid the $5 federal stamp.

What are the rules in Alaska. There is a shorty mosberg 12g. that I was getting ready to buy when the former gov. signed a bill that ended that.

Rifles under 16" and shotguns under 18" are under federal law and the five dollar stamp. The catch is the local PD haveing to OK the purchase to recive the stamp from the feds.At one time some of the PD's in northern Cali refused to go by the state telling them not to sign for the stamp and if the the person requesting it was clean they signed but thats probably over now. You can still get a personal built permit from the feds to make your own short rifle or shotgun.

Quote Originally Posted by klickitat View Post
    Up until about 4 years ago; here in Washington state we were allowed to own short barreled shotguns and rifles if you jumped through the hoops and paid the $5 federal stamp.

What are the rules in Alaska. There is a shorty mosberg 12g. that I was getting ready to buy when the former gov. signed a bill that ended that.
    What bill are you talking about? Link?

You can get around the CLEO by incorporating and having the corporation own the tag. Any NFA dealer can fill you in.
    Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocre minds. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence. Albert Einstein

Better living through chemistry (I'm a chemist)

You can piddle with the puppies, or run with the wolves...