Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My second fox, our third for the season.

Default My second fox, our third for the season.

After dealing with a frozen 4 wheeler, and all the ice on the roads and trails! I had a nice surprise waiting for me today in a whole set which had not seen any action all season.

I'm one up on the hubby this year. This guy was feisty! I dispatch them by kneeling on them with their head under control with the axe handle. I ended up getting peed on. If you have ever smelled fox urine, you know what I'm saying when I say I stink right now! Off to the showers and headed to town.

"In the interest of protecting my privacy I will no longer be accepting Private Messages generated from this site and if you email me, it better be good!"

Two!?

You're getting to be a real "Foxy" lady.

Thumbs up Sweeeet!

Way to go Deb, you better take it easy on the big guy, your going to give him a complex.

Just Kidding Jim!
    Pass it on, take a child hunting, fishing or trapping.

Nice maybe he should let you do the sets and he should stick to the fur shed.

Default Congrats!!!

Good Job!!! Looks like your snow conditions were the same as mine.
    2006 22ft Defiance 220EX
    150 HP Yamaha 4-Stroke
    Call Sign - "Defiance"

Nice pickup, I just caught my first a week or so ago. Congrats!

Thank you everyone! Ted, its funny the running joke around here is when I go with him we never catch anything, but when he goes alone he always brings something home. This afternoon he said from now on I need to do the checking and he'll stay home....(Dube you had the right idea!) lol!

I know a second or third fox doesn't mean a whole lot to most folks who trap, being a woman most everything was always done for me and alot of things still are. It's kinda nice having the line to myself, coming up on an animal and having that adrenaline pumping in my system thinking...Ok, how can I do this without putting a hole in him/her and keeping those sharp little teeth away from my fingers.

As for my chickens, they thank me!
    "In the interest of protecting my privacy I will no longer be accepting Private Messages generated from this site and if you email me, it better be good!"

Nice catch! I tried a wolverine with my bunny boot once and it was not as clean.

Oh my gosh Tony, what a visual!

Hmmm Wolverine, Bunnies, Foxes...

Ptarmigan are sounding good. Get any of those around the traps? Wanna go play with our bows?

Default Congrats on another fox!

Always enjoy reading the excitement in your posts! Is the big guy up on the slope while your catching all these fox?

Northway you know it, BOTH times! lol

up that sounds like a blast but we don't get em where we are. We need to be a bit higher to get those guys.
    Lots of spruce chickens though. That might be a idea!

Quote Originally Posted by upinak View Post
    Hmmm Wolverine, Bunnies, Foxes...

Ptarmigan are sounding good. Get any of those around the traps? Wanna go play with our bows?

Deb, great to see you getting out and having some success! So how is the skinning and boarding going for ya?

Quote Originally Posted by Huntress View Post
    up that sounds like a blast but we don't get em where we are. We need to be a bit higher to get those guys.
    Lots of spruce chickens though. That might be a idea!

Deb I think that is something we should do. Ptarmigan is yummy. I wanna make a roasted Ptarmigan with a blueberry or cranberry glaze, stuffed with some kind of cornbread stuffing?

What do you think?

Hey Nice Fox!!!! You got peed on.... Wait don't wash your clothes!!!!! Ha.... No more human scent on the line.

john,

Please tell me your kidding, you mean to tell me I have to walk around smelling like a true trapper now?
    I know my clothes smell rank, I not only got peed on, but I slipped in the chicken coop, then while taking the photo, I slide across the driveway on my buttox (not intentionally), hence the odd look on my face when I turned around to pose for the photo hoping the camera didn't go off while I was in such a graceful pose...
    Mark, Thank you! I haven't done any skinning yet, I figure that's hubby's job for now. I like his work, he does them fast, and without holes... Besides, he needs SOMETHING to do when he gets home!

kingfisher, I hope so! I need all the help I can get.....

Quote Originally Posted by kingfisherktn View Post
    Two!?

You're getting to be a real "Foxy" lady.

Here's a nicer photo of him after he was dispatched.I really need to find a camera to take on the trail with me, this 2mg camera phone just doesn't cut it.

Default My third one!

We must be doing something right. This guy was caught in a blind snare today. Hubby made a snowmachine trail, put the sled in reverse and stood on the back of the sled to set the snare. It worked. This guy had just been caught when I pulled up. I made note of what my mistakes were yesterday and made sure he was pointed the other way. Yep, I still stink but I might just take Johns advice and keep smelling like a toad when I go out, because its working. I might get this one mounted.

Here I am, hubby wanted me to make sure I wasn't making faces in this one, hat hair and all!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast