Thread: Lens rental?

Default Lens rental?

Hey guys/gals, Just wondering with all the different options out there for lenses, is there a place in Anchorage that I can rent different lenses to try them out see if it is what I want?

I'm not aware of any . . there's one place on the internet that I've heard of that does it, and is supposed to be pretty reliable. But like anything else, it's fairly expensive (granted, less expensive the buying). If you have one in particular in mind, let me know, I probably have it . . . We can get together sometime and you can play with one of them for a while.

I do have the 80-200 f/2.8 and the 50mm f/1.8. My favorite lens is the 24-70 f/2.8 Tokina I got over Christmas . . .very flexible . . .

Cheers,

John

Lots of places in the bigger cities you can rent from. They will mail it to your door, you keep it a few days, week, two weeks, etc.. and mail it back. They ship them in Pelican cases. I have a friend who has rented from the below website. Good people to deal with and timely shipping.

http://www.lensprotogo.com/
    The two loudest sounds known to man: a gun that goes bang when it is supposed to go click and a gun that goes click when it is supposed to go bang.