Thread: Wow these new bows are fast

Default Wow these new bows are fast

I am currently shooting an old Browning - about 10-11 years old. Have been thinking of upgrading to some new technology so I headed over to SW the other day since I was right by there and shot a couple of bowtechs. Shot the Diamond Marquis and The Rock. Holy crikey do these things move. I have never shot my bow through a chrono before so I have no idea what speed those aluminum arrows are flying at, but nowhere near what those carbons were going. Sheesh.

So now to pick a bow . . .
    Never count your days, but rather, make all of your days count.

Lightbulb

jmg,
    The bowtech guardian is my first bow, since i took up bow hunting. I set it up at 58 lb draw wt, 29" draw, it chroned at 260 fps, 425 gr totat carbon arrow weight. When I was getting ready for hunting, i went to 100 gr tip rather than 125, jacked it up to 70 lbs, and chroned around 290 fps.

I know a well placed shot is of paramount importance. It was a matter of curiousity to see what the differece was as far at penetration. I felt is was substantial, though my point of is much smaller than others in this forum.

It would be interesting to know what your existing bow does on the chrono.

Good luck on your search for a new bow.

Quote Originally Posted by jmg View Post
    So now to pick a bow . . .
    Hey JMG, have you gave the 82nd a shot? Its a great Bowtech bow and i shot it along with the Marquie and went with the 82nd, its screamin fast.

Quote Originally Posted by B-radford View Post
    Hey JMG, have you gave the 82nd a shot? Its a great Bowtech bow and i shot it along with the Marquie and went with the 82nd, its screamin fast.
    Personal preference and feel is everything in a bow, but for me the 82nd seemed to sacrifice too much in the way of smoothness for the increased speed. When I shot every bow in the Diamond and Bowtech lineup last year, the Guardian came to the top as far as the perfect combination of speed, smoothness, and overall feel.

The best advice I got last year was to shoot every single bow I could get my hands on. Go to the Den and bug Paul like I did - it's loads of fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian M View Post
    Personal preference and feel is everything in a bow, but for me the 82nd seemed to sacrifice too much in the way of smoothness for the increased speed.

The best advice I got last year was to shoot every single bow I could get my hands on. Go to the Den and bug Paul like I did - it's loads of fun.
    Thats the best way to put it, it is all about personaly feel. I personally thought that the 82nd shot just as smooth as any other bowtech, but that is just me. What works for some doesnt work for others, thats why it is the best idea to shot any bow out there that the shop owners will let you.

Shoot lots of different bows and buy the one that feels like an extension of your arm, it has to fit.
    Paul

Default definately check out Mathews

Yeah all that hype is there for a reason. I shot the new reezon. Man not only fast, but no recoil and felt the like all the moving parts were covered in butter! I am seriously thinking about upgrading to a new bow. Want to check out the new Monster from Mathews. Guardian is nice too, buddy has one. But for ME man the new mathews was way impressive. Check out package deals too. Might buy one for my mom. $635 for Mathews with everything, and nice everythings at Back Country. I know bowtech has a package out too. Definately pays to shop around. But seriously though, go to a Pro Shop. You get your moneys worth. I bought my bow from SW years ago. I didn't know much. The next day Bill was open I went in to shoot. He fixed me all up, and has a couple since. I know money is getting tight. Package deals will be a good way to go. May not get the fastest bow, but dude they are all right in there as far as speed is concerned.

Without giving out too much detail, still in the testing phase, this bow is so fast – that you don’t hear it until after you pull the arrows from the target. But I have a few kinks to work out.
    Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything. - Wyatt Earp

Smile Hurry up PSAsman!

Now you have me thinking, and I am like a 6 year old boy, at 10 p.m. the night before Christmas! I am going to stay awake as long as I can until you reveal details!

Allot of these bows give up brace height. In turns leads to less forgiveness.

I'm impressed with how fast these news bows are.
    Living the Alaskan Dream
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK

Default Bowtech General

I would have to hear and see it to beleive there is a quieter and less shock bow than the Bowtech General
    maybe add a second STS on bottom and maybe some string leeches
    and you wont hear or feel anything.
    only bad thing i see with bow is the draw cycle WOW at the end it drops down like a rock and the arrow rest launches the arrow up

Quote Originally Posted by PM Asman View Post
    Without giving out too much detail, still in the testing phase, this bow is so fast Ė that you donít hear it until after you pull the arrows from the target. But I have a few kinks to work out.
    Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything. - Wyatt Earp

Great! Come up with this AFTER I buy that 101st from ya!

BTW...my wife said she bought me a punch card for Christmas, but she lost it... Hopefully you remember...
    AKmud
    http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j96/AKmud/213700RMK1-1.jpg

The porcupine is a peacful animal yet God still thought it necessary to give him quills....

with today's bows, might as well hunt with a firearm its really getting almost too easy I mean except for that whole like getting withing 50 yards of a legal critter

Pretty impressive killing machines
    I choose to fly fish, not because its easy, but because its hard.

Quote Originally Posted by AKmud View Post
    BTW...my wife said she bought me a punch card for Christmas, but she lost it... Hopefully you remember...
    Yes, I remember ... expired on December 26th .

From what I,ve read "APA,s new King Cobra Screams a release Speed of 362
    Hoyt Katera XL toughest Bow Going