Thread: GPAA claims near Fairbanks

Default GPAA claims near Fairbanks

Hi all,
    Scouting spots for the summer and I was wondering if anyone knew of any GPAA claims within a couple hours of Fairbanks. I thought about joining but without claims close or a local chapter then I don't see the point. Also I know there are rec spots up at Nome Creek does anyone know of anyplace else. Not looking for riches just a little color and a good time with the wife and kids. (Nuggets are still accepted)

Thanks
    Mike

Hey Mike,

My claims guide is packed up right now and in transit. If you don't get an answer in the next couple of weeks, I'll dig it out and let you know what I find. The new claims guides will be coming out very soon too so there might be some changes there.

I think I heard about claims up at Bachelor Creek up the steese.. but not 100% not a GPAA member.. so I dont have that claims guide..

GPAA still has those claims up at Deadwood Creek, I think.

Bachelor Creek is not a GPAA claim. It is removed from mineral entry and open to the public. It's a very, very rough ride in so give yourself a couple of hours each way. Yes, a couple of hours to go less than 10 miles. That'll tell you how rough it is.

GPAA has a lot of claims on Deadwood Creek. A lower and upper block. I've been to the lower and it's well marked, but haven't been to the upper. Lots of parking and camping space. I've never worked those claims but I hear people have found good color.

Default Thanks

Thanks everyone for the ideas

Might make a recon of the areas this summer and see how it looks