Thread: TFO jim teeny

Default TFO jim teeny

Anybody fished the jim teeny line from TFO? I have a fished the Pro, TICR, and TICRx lines, but not the teeny. They make a 10ft 10wt. Don't want to spend the money for another Sage rod, mostly because I don't plan on fishing the 10wt too much. Thanks for the input.

Jake

Call them and talk about it. They are a helpful bunch. Just have them talk to you about how the Teeny compares to the other models you have fished.
    The two loudest sounds known to man: a gun that goes bang when it is supposed to go click and a gun that goes click when it is supposed to go bang.

Also,

On Jim's website, there is a video about this rod. In the link below, select "TFO" rods on the left hand side. There is a 6 minute video about the rod there.

http://www.jimteeny.com/indexMain.ht.../catIntro.html
    The two loudest sounds known to man: a gun that goes bang when it is supposed to go click and a gun that goes click when it is supposed to go bang.

I have a 9 foot 10wt TFO Teeny. Have caught big steelhead, 40lb Kings and 70lb Tarpon with it. It is a bit more "tippy" than the other TFO saltwater rods, but has a pretty good butt section for fighting the big fish. I like the feel of it.

Default tippy

thanks for the info Flyboy. What do you mean by tippy? Does that mean faster or slower than other TFO rods? I have never heard that term before. Thanks again.

Jake

By Tippy I mean that most of the flex is in the tip of the rod. The butt and mid-section are stiff, and the tip narrows fast and flexs more. Not a bad thing, it just is the way the rod loads: more out at the end than deep into the blank. More suited for a fast casting stroke with hard and deliberate stops.

Default thanks

Thanks Flyboy. I prefer a faster action, so this rod should work out perfect. Thanks to all for the input.

Jake