Thread: Wasn't it a gorgeous day??!!

Default Wasn't it a gorgeous day??!!

Brought the clan out to the flood control for a long walk today. There are lots of areas with no snow. The main trails were horribly slick. Buzz
    (9 months) got to meet snow machines, four wheelers, and kids on sleds. Who knew kids on sleds would be the most enticing LOL. It was a great walk! I did not encounter any traps or snares and we were all over the place. We are all tired out!
    "It's the journey that's important, with experience and knowledge to be gained along the way, in the company of our faithful dogs and our good friends."
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

Default It is January, right?

I'll agree with you. What a wonder week it has been. Even today it was nice out running in grassy fields. It was about 44. A little windy but I like little factors like that for training. Ran pattern blinds, some marks and even did some brief cheating singles on a large puddle in the middle of a hay field.
    I have to remind myself that this is just January. Dang and it is going to get cold again.

But it was just enough of a reprieve to get me out of that -40 for 2 weeks funk that I had fallen into. The walk was a chance to work on some obedience with Buzz and expose him to a few things he'd not been around before. He can be a little spooky, so our outing was quite productive even if it was not specifically retriever training.
    "It's the journey that's important, with experience and knowledge to be gained along the way, in the company of our faithful dogs and our good friends."
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

And my Dog was bored:JR 9 June, 2007 293.jpg

"Well, the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they are ignorant, but that they know so much that isn't so." - Ronald Reagan

Kink Alaska surrounded by sled dog kennels, a fabulous view and lots of hunting.

Default Rocken' the Couch.

Molly from Wetlands Retrievers, Morgan ( Saluki X Sleddog/Pointer) from HJ Pointers sprint kennel, Daisy (Great DaneX Greyhound) found at large on Pt Mackenzie, 3 timer, incarcerated at AACC.

Lucy is sleeping on our bed alone. She prefers it that way.

www.alaskadognews.com
    Attached Images Attached Images