Thread: Seafoam

Default Seafoam

Started using Seafoam in my 700 Sportsman a couple of weeks ago. It was not wanting to start in -30 below weather. I found out it needed to be rejetted for cold weather...so did that. Also found the plugs fouled and carbon build up in the cylinders. I filled the tank with 1oz of seafoam to 1gal of gas, changed the oil to Amsoil 0w40 and started it up. It smoked like a brush fire for a couple of minutes and cleaded up. Well the next moring it was -45 below so I went outside to give it the ultimate test. This quad stays outside as I do not have a garage. Well it cranked right up and was idling smoothly in about 30 seconds!!! WOW... the quad never did that in warm weather!
    My question is can I run Seafoam in it all the time? Reading the label it appears it does more than StaBil (keeps water out of the fuel, prevents carbon buildup, stabilizes. While StaBil only stabilizes.
    Note: I like to stay away from alchohol based additives as they will dry out o-rings, make diaphrams stiff and eventually crack, and deteriorate fuel lines. I believe Seafoam is Naptha based.

We used seafoam religiously in our machines up in Barrow because there was so much water in the fuel from changing temps and condensation. It's petroleum derived so ought to be better for your machine. I always have a can handy. My dad's used it to clean carbs. HE just soaks the whole carb in it. Will never use heat again!

Question

Wher can one purchase this Seafoam stuff

I am sure you can purchase it at any auto parts store

Quote Originally Posted by Frznrdneck View Post
    Wher can one purchase this Seafoam stuff
    NAPA carries it here