Thread: Grizzly Keeps Cutting Off??

Default Grizzly Keeps Cutting Off??

I have a new grizzly and it keeps cutting off. It fires up fine, but when I take the choke off it automatically cuts off. It will run fine, but It will not sit and idle normally. It just cuts off. I first thought it was because of snow or something, but it has been doing this for two weeks now. I give it ample time to warm up. I talk to it. I have done everything but hold a chicken bone over it and say a vodoo chant. Like I said, it runs great except it wont sit and idle. It just cuts off when the throttle is not down a little. I took it to Morgans ATV here in Nome and they adjusted the idle speed and choke. I cant tell a bit of improvement. Does anyone have any idea what I can do to fix this. Its only 5 months old and I am literally losing sleep. Otherwise, no problems with the machine. Help!!!

Check the breather hose on the gas tank. If its kinked or clogged you will have this problem. Did you leave the gas on while it was cold out side or for a long period of time? If so oil probably built up in the carb. There is a drain line at the carb. Just turn the screw with the hose hanging on it and that should clear it out. I would also check the plug. If its real fowled change it. Also drain the gas you have in it now and replace with fresh. I always use a fuel stablizer in the winter. If all that doesnt work, your grizz is still under warrenty right? take it back.

good luck

I think KenaiKing hit it on the head. Thats exactly what I would have done.

Smile exaust valve

Check to make sure the exhaust valve is adjusted properly, those are some symptoms of improperly adjusted valves.
    Mooseman

Default Thanks A Million

Thanks Kenaiking, I Went And Filled Up The Tank Yesterday And It Is Running Smooth As Ever. Perfect Idle. Maybe I Got Some Bad Gas. That Would Make Sense Because I Run Around Town For About 2 Weeks On A Tank Here In Nome. I Have Had These Problems For About The Same Time. It Was Low, So I Went To Fill Her Up, And That Was It. Sure Glad It Was That Simple. Hard To Take A Machine Out 50-75 Miles Fishing And Exploring (like I Plan To When Snow Melts) When It Wont Run To The Post Office And Back Without Cutting Off. Kind Of Kills The Confidence. Bad Gas. Whew. Also, Saw The Suggestion About Adjusting The Valves. Good Idea. I Will Do That Soon As I Now Have 481 Miles On It. Might Benefit From The Adjustment. Thanks For The Input Guys.