Thread: redhawk

Default redhawk

I have a bud I am gonna buy a pistol from. He said send a check for the fair price. The gun is already coming.
    So to the point: How much is a 10yr old not abused stainless 5" redhawk worth? Like I said its a friend so neither one of us are looking for the "deal" just "fair". I was thinking $400 or $450. Inputs please.

That sounds about right to me. If it's a 41, it will be a collector's item.

In 2006 I paid $425 for an older Redhawk just like you described. It's a 44 Mag and I got it in Dallas. A few scratches, but still in good shape.

Default My advice-appraisal.

Quote Originally Posted by AK-HUNT View Post
    I have a bud I am gonna buy a pistol from. He said send a check for the fair price. The gun is already coming.
    So to the point: How much is a 10yr old not abused stainless 5" redhawk worth? Like I said its a friend so neither one of us are looking for the "deal" just "fair". I was thinking $400 or $450. Inputs please.
    Congratulations on a fine purchase and for having such a good friend.

With original box and documents? It adds something.

Scope rings (discontinued in 2005) get a $49 premium. (I did not know the Rredhawk came with rings or the scope cutouts, but my Fjestad book mentions the rings.)

Prices vary greatly by region, so take that into account, also.

My (2 year old) Fjestad's Blue Book of Gun Values lists

80% - $245
    90% - $280
    95% - $350
    98% - $460
    100% - $600
    MSRP $780

May I suggest taking it to a gunsmith for an appraisal. Not a gun retailer who might subcontract real gunsmithing, but a gunsmith. One who does custom work and a little retail on the side is probably best. Send a check for that amount along with a copy of the appraisal. Your friend will appreciate the assurance and not having had to ask for it and you will appreciate the certainty. If there is a charge for the appraisal you might deduct half the charge. The 'smith might do it free as a courtesy to a potential customer (buy a couple boxes of ammo or a holster from him) especially if it is verbal, but tell your friend what you did.

Remember that regional variations make a big difference, and Fjestad's is just a book. The quoted prices seem a bit high to me. I have seen Super Redhawks in 454 Casull in the $500 to $600 range and that has pushed the 44 Mag down a bit in the past two years. And the economy has pushed everything down a bit in the past 6 months.

Lost Sheep

Default thanks

Thanks guys. I appreciate it.
    Kevin

This lists a lot of Redhawk's for sale, $450 is probably about right, depending on the condition it's in.

http://www.gunsamerica.com/Search.aspx?T=ruger+redhawk