Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Boat Show

Default Boat Show

I just got back from the Deweys boat show over at Northway Mall, Pretty much the same stuff as the previous years but at least it is a taste of summer time fun.
    19' Lowe Roughneck
    90/65 Honda 4 stroke
    Outboard Jet

Quote Originally Posted by Lowe & Slow View Post
    I just got back from the Deweys boat show over at Northway Mall, Pretty much the same stuff as the previous years but at least it is a taste of summer time fun.
    Did they have the boats with the self bailing?
    Living the Alaskan Dream
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK

Default Self bailing

I say some with the bow self bailing but didn't notice or look that close if there were any with the rear deck.
    19' Lowe Roughneck
    90/65 Honda 4 stroke
    Outboard Jet

Default Wooldridge

Did Wooldridge have the new Alaskan XL? Been dreaming of them lately. Thanks

Default No wooldrige there

Only Deweys showing at this one but Wooldriges might be at the one at the end of the month at the new Denina center.
    19' Lowe Roughneck
    90/65 Honda 4 stroke
    Outboard Jet

Quote Originally Posted by Alaska Gray View Post
    Gary,
    If I remember right the Hewescraft rep I chatted with said they would try to get one up here for the Deweys boat show or the main one. I don't know if it made it up here.

Default new Alaskan XL

It will be at the main boat show

Quote Originally Posted by jtm9 View Post
    Did Wooldridge have the new Alaskan XL? Been dreaming of them lately. Thanks

What is the New Alaska XL?
    so finally Dewey's will be at the big boat show?
    Living the Alaskan Dream
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK

The Alaskan XL is a beast of a boat... Put it side by side with the Alaskan and there is a huge difference. They thing is massive in comparison. Wider, taller, longer and can haul a "boatload" (pun intended). I would like to get a boat, but after seeing the XL I think I am leaning toward the Alaskan with a 115+. The XL just seems like a boat for doing more than I plan to do. I saw a few in person at a recent Wooldridge factory tour.. They sure make some nice boats.......

Default Boat show

What is the New Alaska XL?
    so finally Dewey's will be at the big boat show?
    Nope, The don't belong to the AK Marine Dealers Assn. But lots more dealers than ever Fairbanks, Kenai,Homer Seward. They had extra room "ran out of boats to show" so there will be a few truck dealers as well.

Default "boat show"

Yes they have the 26 foot with the self bailing deck on display.

Hookemup, is that a Sea Sport in your member picture?

Thumbs down Explain the quality in the Hewes!

ARE THEY KIDDING? Is that formica over partical board, with exposed unsealed edges in the cabinets! Is that stappled covering of some kind all over the flooring suppose to keep water from saturating the wood over time! Did I not cut my finger on the transducer mounting bracket today at the show, let alone my fishing line if I fished off it! Do they not know a grinder can get the welding slag off the ceiling hand rails before they paint it! Can the cabin door lay back flat against the bulkhead or does it need to stick halfway out wasting space? Was the plastic in the fish box lid cut with a hand saw! Are the windows suppose to pop out if a child leans on them!
    Dear Hewes craft makers, please stop with the crappy quality in the "cabin models" its rediculus! What is with Hewes and Bayliners, do they look at them when they finish them or is there shop lighting that bad?

Sorry if I insulted any of you owners, I think my brother-in-laws 20ft soft top is incredible, I just don't like the cabin models.

Is this show all 2009 models or did they have any 2008 leftovers? For those of you who have been, has pricing come down at all with the drop of aluminum and fuel?

I plan on going but have to work all weekend and will not be able to make it that way until Monday.
    Ryan Tollefsen
    Prudential Jack White Vista Real Estate

Alaska Real Estate
    Anchorage Real Estate

Quote Originally Posted by Myers View Post
    ARE THEY KIDDING? Is that formica over partical board, with exposed unsealed edges in the cabinets! Is that stappled covering of some kind all over the flooring suppose to keep water from saturating the wood over time! Did I not cut my finger on the transducer mounting bracket today at the show, let alone my fishing line if I fished off it! Do they not know a grinder can get the welding slag off the ceiling hand rails before they paint it! Can the cabin door lay back flat against the bulkhead or does it need to stick halfway out wasting space? Was the plastic in the fish box lid cut with a hand saw! Are the windows suppose to pop out if a child leans on them!
    Dear Hewes craft makers, please stop with the crappy quality in the "cabin models" its rediculus! What is with Hewes and Bayliners, do they look at them when they finish them or is there shop lighting that bad?

Sorry if I insulted any of you owners, I think my brother-in-laws 20ft soft top is incredible, I just don't like the cabin models.
    WOW that sounds like a lemon to me. MY Hewes is great. Nothing like you described.
    Living the Alaskan Dream
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK

Sounds like a lemon too! Maybe it was rushed off the line to get it here for the show? I never had a problem with my 22 hard top and I'm going to guess there is a lot of people who are really happy with there 22-26 hewes. I know Gary is one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Myers View Post
    Hookemup, is that a Sea Sport in your member picture?
    Yes it is. 24 Explorer that I will be driving up this summer.

Quote Originally Posted by ryocheck View Post
    Is this show all 2009 models or did they have any 2008 leftovers? For those of you who have been, has pricing come down at all with the drop of aluminum and fuel?

I plan on going but have to work all weekend and will not be able to make it that way until Monday.
    Ryocheck,

The prices seem about the same as they did last year. The two that I can remember were the 26 cuddy without the self bailing deck was $98000 and the 26 with the self bailing deck was $110,000. Either one seems expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by Hookemup View Post
    Ryocheck,

The prices seem about the same as they did last year. The two that I can remember were the 26 cuddy without the self bailing deck was $98000 and the 26 with the self bailing deck was $110,000. Either one seems expensive.
    Whoa! 110K?? Seriously? I talked to a guy about two months ago that got a quote on a 26' GC with twin 150's that was less than that. The boats aren't even in the same class for construction, quality, and finish.... I thought the 260 Pacific Cruiser was over priced two years ago at 92K. Don't get me wrong, I loved my Hewescraft but that price just seems unreal...
    ... aboard the 'Memory Maker' Making Memories one Wave at a Time!

Look up the top Hewe's Dealership's, WOW! Those prices aren't coming down.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast