Thread: weather and your line

Default weather and your line

How many folks is this weather gonna hurt on there line. I know mine is taking a beating. And the snow conditions......oh man.

Thats funny, I heard your wife only lets you keep 2 squirrell traps in the back yard, so their both taking a beating huh?

Yea I heard the same thing!

As for our line, "Yuk" is the only word I can come up with without getting moderated.....
    "In the interest of protecting my privacy I will no longer be accepting Private Messages generated from this site and if you email me, it better be good!"

Yeah, it's pretty hard to stay motivated... Most of my sets are going to be ruined not to mention the overflow on the lakes, creeks and rivers will be treacherous.... I may be checking traps in rain gear the way it's been raining in SlowTown lately.

I wish my widetrack could transform into a jetski. Anyone have any trout sets out?

Default heading out

in the morning! Will be breaking trail and making as many sets as I can! Hoping to have a great rest of the year as it has been quite slow up to now.

all of my sets are ruined. I hope it gets cold again and snow about 3 feet.

I'm scared to head out and look. I'm guessing it's all a huge lake! We'll see tomorrow.

Default Probably have to resort to a jet ski

Couldn't even get to mine. Overflow on the lakes makes it look like open lake. The packed trails that I had down hills are now bobsled chutes mixed with a water slide affect (2 inches of water running down the chutes). I knew it was a bad sign when I saw state trucks pumping water off the main road in three spots (about a foot sitting on top of the road). I'm sure my trap sets are sitting on top of what's left of the snow and my snares have to be chest high now. Going to put some half*** rigged chains on the wheeler now and give her a go again in the A.M. I couldn't even get close to the starting point today, just kept sliding down the trails at whatever angle the slope was at the time. Smowmachine wouldn't have gone anywhere. Maybe I'll rent a jet-ski if the wheeler doesn't work tomorrow. Gotta check the beaver sets somehow.

I went out today and there was little to no snow in areas. Went from snow above my knees to nothing in 3 days. Temp was 52 above. I did get a nice marten. Grouse were all over today. A couple of the snares had to be reset beings they were above my knees. It was almost impossible to find or identify any fresh tracks. Even most of the rabbit trails are unrecognizable.

Default It was worth it

We went out yesterday and it was bad,but we had to checkem.The lake was all overflow no stopping just get a thumb full untill you got to the next set or to the next trail.Had to go across 2-3 spots of open water on the river one was about 70 yards long.Burnt up alot of gas.I hope it gets cold soon.I had to remake all my cubbies they all fell down.But it was all worth it we caught are first martin.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails cody and martin 2.JPG   cody and martin.JPG  

I am getting beat up pretty good I am sure I will have a few conis sets that were on ice tied off to big brush I hauled to the sight down stream from where they were just hope I can find them all. I tried today but swimming in Jan is not something I like to do I was forced to turn back.
    meats meat don't knock it till you try it

It was great meeting you guys today Okie!

Here are some photos I took today, The first one is where some of our snares WERE. The others are of various area's I decided to take photos of.....As you can see it's all under water! Please excuse the poor quality of photos, they are off my phone.

Here is the same spot with our sled out front two weeks ago.

"In the interest of protecting my privacy I will no longer be accepting Private Messages generated from this site and if you email me, it better be good!"

nice meeting yalll to.On the last pic. why didnt Jim just go swim over there LOL. otterman are you on tman?