Thread: 45acp to 460 rowland

Default 45acp to 460 rowland

Wondering about the conversion on my xd "5? Any thoughts or comments? Should I get my original barrel bored out or go with the bar-stol barrel. Is this to much of a load for the xd frame?

The rowland is a hot cartridge. You could contact clark custom guns. Here is their web site.

http://www.clarkcustomguns.com/rowland.htm

Hope this helps.

My understanding is that the 460 Rowland is the same overall length as the 45 ACP. So you get no increase in powder capacity, but also no feeding problems on a conversion. The extra length was added to the case only to prevent the Higher pressure cartridges from being loaded in a gun not strong enough or with the correct recoil spring.

Since the 460 Rowland is basically a handloading proposition anyway I would just get a stiffer recoil spring and work up some hotter 45 ACP hand loads, if your gun can take the added load.

We've converted several XDs, Corbon makes ammo too

I realize it can be done wildalaska. I'm trying to find out if it is worth it. What is your opinion on the bar-stol vs original barrel getting bored out. Is the 460 that much more of a "hot" round?