Thread: Albright Tackle Fly Rods?

Default Albright Tackle Fly Rods?

Anyone have any experience with Albright Tackle fly rods? I am looking at a 4 piece 7/8 wt & 5/6 wt as backups on multiday trips or guests. Also reels in the same line weights. This is a deep discount online tackle company near as I can tell. Thanks, Mad Dog-11

I dont know about the rods, but my guide That I'm using this summer HIGHLY recommended the reels. Sounds like he's used a ton of different stuff, and really like these reels.

Budget stuff from what little I have seen. Always seem to be on sale. Saw some at the Fly Fishing Show last year. Lou Albright, famous fly fisher, was there showing them. Looked ok for a back up. Tad heavy from what I recall. But for a back up rod, I can't see anything wrong with them. Be sure to look at Sierra Trading Post. They sell some Albright rods/reels.

They also have the Powell Advantage rod. Varies from $80-90 and is one heck of a rod. My buddy got one as a back up and fished with it the whole float trip. Very nice rods.
    The two loudest sounds known to man: a gun that goes bang when it is supposed to go click and a gun that goes click when it is supposed to go bang.

thanks for the input, I appreciate it.