Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Trail Report W.P.C. Willow AK. 1/14/09

  1. #1
    Member Trail Boss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Willow AK.
    Posts
    605

    Default Trail Report W.P.C. Willow AK. 1/14/09

    Well here it is 2009 and it is either to COLD or to WARM ! Last week 40 below, Today 35 above and it RAINED this morning!!! WHATS UP!!! Meanwhile the Willow Trail Comm. had been out working trail since Sunday, what a whiteout Tueday afernoon! 5"+ of new stuff came down!! We had allmost 30"+ of snow on the ground!!! Was out on the lower Big Swamp Trail marking it for the NEW Corridor Trail and getting ready to groom it and I ran out of markers, so what was I to do? Had to Rip Powder !!! Went over to the west side and tore it up!! So all the trails had been groomed before the snow and warm came.! But things are in good shape now but if the warm keeps up, I don't want to think about it!!!
    Don't for get the Willow State Winter Carnival is the 31th through the 8th of Feb. Lots of fun for the whole family! Check waco.org for more info!
    More Later.
    Keep the Rubber side down!
    Trail Boss
    Willow Trail Committe
    ALASKA'S Winter Park Cabins
    To boldly make trail where no man has gone before!!!

  2. #2
    Member Trail Boss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Willow AK.
    Posts
    605

    Unhappy Update!!!!

    Well it's 42 degress this morning and the wind blew like mad all night! Lakes have overflow again. Lost 7inches of snow, 22" of mush left!!
    Bring out the JET SKIS!!!
    Trail Boss
    Willow Trail Committe
    ALASKA'S Winter Park Cabins
    To boldly make trail where no man has gone before!!!

  3. #3

    Default

    Decided to take a spin out through the Big Swamp and along the bluff last night. Really a wrong decision. I was cutting trenches about two feet deep. Water standing in my tracks. Machine weighed about a thousand pounds when I got back. I dropped down on the Su, no way was I going to continue, bad overflow right away. If you don't need to be out, save your gas. Better times ahead. BAD CONDITIONS overall.
    SP
    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •