Thread: Figure 8 and Flathorn trail conditions

Default Figure 8 and Flathorn trail conditions

Wanting to make my first trek out to Figure 8 or Flathorn, but am only sportin' an ATV. Was hoping someone might have a recent trail report to see if it is passable or not. While I'm begging for info...once there, what part of the lake is most productive? I do not have an underwater camera or a flasher, so I'm pretty much asking for a honey hole, or at least a hint! Also, would it be worth it to haul a shack and spear? Would really enjoy some fish hunting if I were in the right spot!

Any info is better than none, please hook a Yooper up!
    Although some can call it Catchin', I still have to call it fishin'.

You will have no problem going to figure 8. Follow the tracks. They will lead you to where the decent fishing is.
    "Ya can't stop a bad guy with a middle finger and a bag of quarters!!!!"- Ted Nugent.

Default how many

You will be able to find holes where people have been fishing. Look for blood on the ice.

How many of you are going?
    I expect to be on F8 on Saturday with a 3 snowmachines and 4 people. Coming from ER as well.

Where are people parking?

Exclamation BE Careful

Quote Originally Posted by dirtofak View Post
    Where are people parking?
    Gas line parking lot. I heard they might make the ice road this year, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

I would be careful taking a 4 wheeler into Figure 8 or Flathorn with this new warm weather. If you take a sled, make sure it's light as possible. Last year we had to come out in weather like this and it took us over 4 hours to get out, we almost ran out of gas on our wheeler and thankfully some guys with sleds were able to tow our ice fishing sled out. Be careful, trail will be soft.
    "Ya can't stop a bad guy with a middle finger and a bag of quarters!!!!"- Ted Nugent.

Quote Originally Posted by Milo View Post
    You will be able to find holes where people have been fishing. Look for blood on the ice.

How many of you are going?
    I expect to be on F8 on Saturday with a 3 snowmachines and 4 people. Coming from ER as well.

Hey give us a report if you go out there will you? Haven't heard anything from out there in a long time.

Default This weather

With the crap that's falling today, this may have put a halt to my plans. We shall see though. If I end up making it out there, a post with report and pics will be forthcoming.
    Although some can call it Catchin', I still have to call it fishin'.

If someone would be so kind as to PM me with directions to the gas line trail for figure 8 lake that would be great. I'm somewhat familiar with the Pt Mack/little sue area and I live off KGB.

Also if someone wants to scout out the area (given the 80* change in temps) to Figure 8 or Flat horn let me know I'm totally up for that.
    We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it. We get it rough enough at home; in towns and cities; in shops, offices, stores, banks anywhere that we may be placed

Thumbs down cancelled

Love this weather. I cancelled my plans

Quote Originally Posted by Milo View Post
    Love this weather. I cancelled my plans
    Me too