Thread: which one

Default which one

Hello all... I know you probably get this alot but I have to ask... If a guy were to buy one snow machine that would primarily be used to tow a sled behind it and haul building supplies, gear, etc to a remote spot in the interior, what would be the best choice? Thanks for any replies.

Each company makes one or more for the task, You have try them see which fits your needs, Most have 2 and 4 stroke models to choose from.. Ski Doo skandic,s WT or SWT, Yamaha Viking, Polaris widetrack, Arctic cat Bearcat. Those would be my picks for work Machine good luck on your choice..

I have a Ski-Doo Expedition 600 right now and my next machine will be the SWT 4 stroke. Need the extra track for all the supplies and gear I carry all the time. A person could probably get away with smaller machines to do some freighting, but the widetrack machines were designed for work and excel at it. Definitely test drive as many as possible and go from there.

Default Just bought mine

We went with the Polaris 550 Trail / Touring and I bought a 10' x 42" freight sled from Northern Sled Works.. I'm gonna make a trapper's gear box for the back, and mount my rifle scabbard on one side of it and my snow shoes on the other.

Default one more idea..

Sorry one more comment.. make sure whatever you pick, it has a pull start.. dont want a dead machine out in the middle of no where..

I run 2 Tundras. 2007 300F and a 2008 550F. Many people have told me that air-cooled is the way to go. I watched a guy last year load up a foot of sheetrock and many wood rounds behind an older Tundra. He walked right off with it. I will be pulling this spring. Until then, I enjoy their ability to play a bit.

Dealer support is very important also.

Default tundra

Dirt, of the two Tundra's which one do you like best? I've got the 300f and have contemplated the 550f.

Quote Originally Posted by mtnman View Post
    Dirt, of the two Tundra's which one do you like best? I've got the 300f and have contemplated the 550f.
    I don't have much time on the 550F or even the 300F. We just go it for my son to ride. That little 300F is pretty impressive for what it is. The 550F is very quick. I love the articulating track for reverse. It really helps with UR stuck situations. Both machines were bought used and the 300F needed a few things, mostly cosmetic. We plan to ride locally every other weekend to get used to what they are capable of and start hauling in March.

The best thing is that you can still have fun on them.