Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kudos to Sportsmans Warehouse!!

Default Kudos to Sportsmans Warehouse!!

Just want to give an update concerning my auger and Sportsman's Warehouse....

Some may have read about the issues I had with my new auger purchased at SW...Long story short I couldn't get it to run right, and I'm now convinced it wasn't a water in the fuel issue...

SW experienced some issues that forced them to implement a policy to prevent losses from dishonest folks. It is a shame that a few bad seeds affect the good guys in such a way...

I had a good conversation with Pat at the Anchorage store and he treated me like any customer should expect. He listened to my issue and handled the situation like he would have wanted it handled personally.

I was very pleased with how I was taken care of and the issue is now resolved. I had my opinions of SW but that opinion is changed. I know I take the effort to inform folks when I have bad experiences, so I figured I should do the same when situations work out well. As a business they did the right thing and I am confident they would do so again if I were to have another issue.

Thanks to SW for the service and thank you arrowslinger for getting the ball rolling for me...
    ------------------------------------------------
    pull my finger....

thanks for the update. Kudos to SW.
    It ain't about the # of pounds of meat we bring back, nor about how much we spent to go do it. Its about seeing what no one else sees.

http://wouldieatitagainfoodblog.blogspot.com/

Good to hear.
    Did they exchange or repair?
    Enquiring minds want to know.

Default Right on!

tjm,

Excellent! I have come to know Pat at Sportsman's over the last couple of years and he's always impressed me as a stand up guy. He's a true outdoorsmen and most avid hunter and has always taken the time to answer my questions when I'm in the store. If I remember correctly he likes to sheep hunt. Or was it Caribou on ADAK

I used to know someone who would buy clothes as an example, wear them that weekend and take them back later so I can see why that routine would get old but your case was legit.

Nice job!
    Alaska Outdoors Television ~ Outdoor Channel

I have had a different experience at SW. I went to buy some arrows from them and when I asked them to cut them and glue them they asked me, "What do you mean glue them?" I replied, "Glue the inserts in" to which I was told "Oh, you don't need to glue the inserts in." I was beside myseld that someone had just told me that I did not need to glue my inserts in, someone that was supposed to be an "expert" in this field. I told them not to worry about the arrows and that I would not be back to seek advice. I will go to Bear Paw Archery where I bought my bow and the guy actually knows what he's talking about to have work done. Kudos that they got your auger situation taken care of, but worthless in all other reguards.
    Alaska: We're all here cuz we're not all "there"

Default a little more wary of SW

The advantage to me of shopping locally rather than mail order is (hopefully) customer service. I can't say much for SW customer service.

My story. Bought a new rod on the way to the river. First cast, the rod broke where one of the parts joint. Kind of shot my trip because my backup rod was being used by a friend. Upon return to ANC, took the rod straight in. Nothing doing. They would not replace the rod but instead had me go through the long process of a warranty replacement by the manufacture on my own of course.

Now I can get that service or better from mail order. In fact, with Cableas, they will send a new replacement even before they get the old one back and take care of all the hassle with the manufacture's warranty process. I can get better prices by mail order and much better service if I use Cabelas. So why would I use Sportsman's Warehouse?

If I need something locally, I turn to Mountain View Sports or another smaller shop. I will not be abused by SW again.

Just to clarify - Pat Nolde is the store manager and not a store clerk for those that donít know. We all know Cabelas has a great catalog. Iíve drooled over many of worn pages but then again I drool a lot. I have also had pleasant experiences with Mt. View sports and know John the owner. His staff (nice lady) helped me choose a very nice Galvan fly reel that Iíve been pleased with. I know all too well credibility and knowledge for presenting a product goes a long ways and has to be earned and not just assumed.

SW is what it is. A local big box store. I have had pleasant dealings with both managers in ANC and the Valley. Steve McVeigh at the valley store has been great to deal with and knows me by name. When I found that the pro shop in ANC stripped one of the scope mount screws in my receiver they sent me to Stan Jackson and got the problem fixed on the spot despite it being over a year since I had purchased the rifle! They could easily have blamed the problem on me but instead they took responsibility and I came away reasonably happy in the end. This also brings to light the problem with SW. Their "pro" shop is not always up to par. I know for a fact that they sent me home with the stripped screw in the receiver when I purchased my rifle figuring I would never know!
    I would never get that kind of treatment at Boondocks! Now I still buy stuff from SW if they have what I need and I sure don't want them to go out of business but if I am going to buy archery or rifles then I am going to a specialty shop!

I'd sure like to keep the tone of this post positive...

We've all had good and bad experiences at many stores. I too am guilty of passing judgment on a business based on one bad experience. Often the lack of expertise is a function of the person you are dealing with and not usually a reflection on the store or business as a whole.

What's more important to me is how problems are handled after the sale. We are all human and make mistakes or bad judgements, store clerks included. If one of those mistakes causes a situation, the manner in which the store handles the situation should be the true measuring stick of the stores character.

I am certain that if there was an honest issue that needed to be handled at SW it would be. I am not a big fan of the box stores either but bottom line is SW went far beyond what they had to do to make the situation right. And for that they derserve some recognition.

Bad news spreads like a cancer, good news is forgotten almost as fast as it is spoken. I sure hope that my good news is remembered. If there is an issue to be resolved, approach it honestly and politely and the right thing is usually done.

Thanks again Pat and SW...
    pull my finger....

Quote Originally Posted by tjm View Post
    I'd sure like to keep the tone of this post positive...

We've all had good and bad experiences at many stores. I too am guilty of passing judgment on a business based on one bad experience. Often the lack of expertise is a function of the person you are dealing with and not usually a reflection on the store or business as a whole.
    Not necessarily. I worked at a sporting goods store called Gander Mountain for 4 years before I joined the Air Force. It is a carbon copy of SW. I worked in archery/firearms and fishing. Some of us knew what we were talking about, a lot of the employees did not. They did not hire based on skill level or knowledge. They hired to fill the floor and put people where ever they wanted. Customer service suffered greatly and most people that came in there wouldn't even want to talk to the employees, just got thier crap and got out. So I think it falls on the store to hire people that are knowledgable and then place them on the floor to be most effective. You wouldn't be able to say anything bad about them.
    Alaska: We're all here cuz we're not all "there"

Default How did arrowslinger help you out?

TJM,
    How did arrowslinger help you out by "getting the ball rolling"?
    In your previous posts you were not happy w/SW as they refused to help you when you initialy went back to the store. Then, arrowslinger got involved and you got some satisfaction from SW.
    I have had 2 bad experiences w/Sportsmans when dealing with returns. I no longer purchase any high dollar items f/them, especially if I want service at a later date.
    Seems to be the concensus here. Cabela's stands behind thier gear, regardless.
    Maybe I need to get to know arrowslinger?!
    BK

I have purchased a lot of gear at B&J. I rigged my new boat with new Downriggers 4 new Rods and reels Shrimp pots and all of the rigging. Since 2005 I have spent Thousands of dollars at B&J. They used give me the Set Netters discount Because I bought everything from them. Last year I needed 2 new halibut reels so when I asked for my discount they told me that they could no longer give me the discount. I have not been back since. I ended up going to the new S.W. in Wasilla. I paid a little less and the customer service was excellent. I buy a lot of gear every year. I would rather deal with local busineses but B&J has Lost my business.
    A CLOSE CALL IS A FREE LESSON

Quote Originally Posted by bkmail View Post
    TJM,
    How did arrowslinger help you out by "getting the ball rolling"?
    In your previous posts you were not happy w/SW as they refused to help you when you initialy went back to the store. Then, arrowslinger got involved and you got some satisfaction from SW.
    looks like you've got the progression of events down...I initially went and talked to the guy in fishing...he was nice, but basically told me their policy...I saw the sign and accepted it...I wasn't happy but what could I do, right?...i understood why they implemented the policy, it just was a bummer for me because Im not a dishonest guy...

well arrow slinger was discussing a different issue with SW and asked about my issue for me...I don't know him but he was thoughtful enough to try and help a guy out...long story short, he put me in touch with the right person at SW who was able to take care of me...

my mistake was seeking help from an employee that couldn't help me, he wanted to but couldn't.....
    pull my finger....

Default BTW...

For Military ID card holders, on the 24th of this month Sportsmans will be offering a 20% discount in Anchorage and the Valley.

Pat Nolde is a top notch guy, he is willing to talk with anyone, anytime. We couldn't have a better store manager to deal with. Everytime I stop by and see him he makes a point to stop and talk, and most of the time I am just kicking tires seeing if they got anything new or put anything on clearance.

Default Been sold!

Looks like a portion or all of Sportsman's has been bought/sold recently.

http://www.sportsmanswarehouse.com/company.cfm

Quote Originally Posted by tdelarm View Post
    Looks like a portion or all of Sportsman's has been bought/sold recently.

http://www.sportsmanswarehouse.com/company.cfm
    GREAT - Now the Cannucks have another way into our wallets besides Molston. Just kidding Drifter !!

Quote Originally Posted by bushboy View Post
    GREAT - Now the Cannucks have another way into our wallets besides Molston. Just kidding Drifter !!
    If you're going to dis us get it right it's MOLSON!!!!!
    Plus there's LABATTs too!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by LuJon View Post
    SW is what it is. A local big box store. if I am going to buy archery or rifles then I am going to a specialty shop!
    I really do not care for SW, i have had nothing but troubles with them. they will get my buisness for the small things like camo cloths and the ocasional box of fletchings, but Boondocks and Archers den are going to get my buisness as far as guns/archery equipment.

Quote Originally Posted by DRIFTER_016 View Post
    If you're going to dis us get it right it's MOLSON!!!!!
    Plus there's LABATTs too!!!!
    Both excellent beers!

I have had nothing but great experiance with the SW in Wasilla, Steve also knows me very well. When you replace all your guns that were stolen from the same guy, he tends to smile when you walk through the door.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast