Thread: New to Kodiak

Default New to Kodiak

I am in the Coast Guard and have just got stationed In Kodiak and I am looking to see if there are any other bow hunters in Kodiak. I plan to hunt rilfe also but I am looking forward to hunting small game with a bow.

I am also looking for a place to bow hunt. SO if there is anyone can help I'd appreicate it.

Thumbs up Kodiak

Although I have yet to get into your neck of the woods, I have attempted to plan a couple trips to Kodiak. Hoping to head down this Thanksgiving for some scouting, hiking, and maybe even get a shot off.
    Talking with guides, taxidermists, Fish & Game, and Kodiak tourism folks, I hear that the road system is pretty decent - especially if you are willing to get out of your vehicle.
    There is a bow/muzzle loader only deer hunt from 1-14 November on the North East portions of Kodiak (see page 54 under deer).
    As I understand it the sitka tend to start their rut pretty good in November, and generally move out of the mountains in Nov/Dec towards the beaches.
    Good luck! Let us know how it all goes!

Check in with Wil Milam at the swimmer shop. He'll hook you up with some others on base and off.

Thanks for the responses. I'll keep my eye out.