Thread: Spring Bear on POW

Default Spring Bear on POW

I am planning on a DIY spring bear hunt on POW this may and was wondering if anyone had a recommendation on a place to stay in Craig or Klawock.
    Last year I hunted solo for spring bear on POW (outfitted by RDM pilot/guide) and may have to hunt solo again this year. I didnt like the area that RDM put me in last year (biscuit lagoon, had a great time but way too small of an area) and was going to try the DIY hunt this year. I am trying to get at least one other person to go with me, but I will go by myself again if I can't.
    Any recomendations for a house, cabin, or lodge that has skiffs for rent would be great!
    thanks,
    Eric

Default coffman cove

do a google search for coffman cove adventures.... they have a lodge that you can stay in, they rent vehicles and skiffs and they have the set up for meat/hides and other processing...

In fact I think they are a sponsor on the directory here.... its coffman cove adventures

Greg
    Last edited by AkGreg; 01-13-2009 at 11:18. Reason: right information

Default coffman cove

Coffman Cove looks like a really nice place. Have you hunted out of their lodge before? I contacted them last year and they were not interested in accommodating solo hunters. If I remember correctly, they wanted to charge me the double occupancy rate since they had a two person minimum. It does look like a nice setup though and i will contact them to see if they have changed their policy. If not, 3000$ for a week of unguided bear hunting is way too steep for my retired submariner budget!

Is the Coffman Cove side of the island better than the Craig/Klawok side?