Thread: Spring bear hunt?

Talking Spring bear hunt?

Hey just getting the winter time blues. I'm thinking about planning a spring bear float hunt but I don't really know where to start. I know that is vague, but this idea is still feedin' on the teat! Thoughts that come to mind...about 3-4 days, rifle, pistol or archery would be cool, south or north? I don't know, just a guy with an idea...Any other ramblings would be listened to and stored deep in my brain somewhere near the lymbic system...

Im with you on those thoughts!

This is a bit North, and our regions rivers breakup in May
    I usually have a Bear "Done" by breakup if Im on to a fat one. I have caught a couple as they were spotted along the bank.
    I LOVE the Spring Break up, riding the ice down as it floods out hundreds Beavers and thousands of Muskrats, and all the sloughs, ox bows and lakes are accessable from the river.....Geese, ducks and birds abound and its all fresh meat and skins After the two or three endless days, getting home exhausted and happy to let the ladys skin the catch, Spring breakup boating is some fine hunting!

Thanks for the wakeup!

Default Wait a minute...

Wait a minute, where do you find "lady's" to skin some critters up!?! Ha! Yeah, it sounds like a blast. I can't wait.