Thread: Cabelas won't ship reloading kit to Alaska?

Default Cabelas won't ship reloading kit to Alaska?

Friend of mine just tried ordering the Hornady Lock and Load reloading kit from Cabelas, and they told him it cannot be shipped to Alaska. Does anyone know why? I have had stuff shipped up here from them and I don't see why they wouldn't ship that, it wasn't anything flammable, explosive, etc... so why would they tell him no?

Thanks, schmidty

Id call back and talk to someone else. I just ordered some bullets yesterday and had no problem.

Default Call them

If your friend just tried ordering online he should call them directly. Some of there stuff gets flagged online but they will correct it if you call them. Had it happen with some brass a few years ago.

Randy

They sent my Rockchucker Kit no problems in December. I did it all on line.

Default Hazmat?

I wonder if it comes with some aerosol lube or something that can't be shipped to Alaska because of hazmat? I had that issue with a inflatable camp pad once. The repair sealant shipped with the pad couldn't be shipped by air. Might want to check wtih them.
    "Everything that lives and moves will be food for you. Just as I gave you the green plants, I now give you everything."

Im pretty sure I saw that kit at SW today

Wink

Here are some other places to look for reloading stuff. Midway USA is the one I get most of my stuff from, great service. I have never had good luck with Cabelas myself.

http://www.midwayusa.com/
    http://www.natchezss.com/index.cfm
    http://www.natchezss.com/index.cfm
    http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/

Andy

I bet it was a mistake. I had an entire RCBS kit sent up to Kotzebue. No powder or primers. Had to get them a different way

But no reason not to get the reloading equipment.

Make a phone call.
    The two loudest sounds known to man: a gun that goes bang when it is supposed to go click and a gun that goes click when it is supposed to go bang.

Had to get them a different way
    Pack light return heavy.
    Now what ?

Cabelas shipped my Lee reloader to me with no questions asked. I would give them a call, they are pretty darn good and I have yet to experience any problems with them.

I got a RCBS Rock Chucker Kit shipped up by Cabella's last December also. I bet it's the spray lube in the LNL that isn't allowed to ship.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronster View Post
    Im pretty sure I saw that kit at SW today
    Did you happen to catch the price on that kit?

I would guarantee it is the can of One-Shot. Prolly has propane as the propellant. Too bad they won't stick in the non-haz pump bottle. Besides, almost none of the lower 48 companies will ship haz-mat via air.
    Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocre minds. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence. Albert Einstein

Better living through chemistry (I'm a chemist)

You can piddle with the puppies, or run with the wolves...

That's exactly right. My wife tried to order that kit for me but the case lube was haz-mat. I ended up getting the lyman turret press instead and I'm really happy with it.....

Except the primer tool was awful so I bought the lee primer tool $6, it's a slick operation now-

Quote Originally Posted by schmidty_dog View Post
    Friend of mine just tried ordering the Hornady Lock and Load reloading kit from Cabelas, and they told him it cannot be shipped to Alaska. Does anyone know why? I have had stuff shipped up here from them and I don't see why they wouldn't ship that, it wasn't anything flammable, explosive, etc... so why would they tell him no?

Thanks, schmidty
    Hi. Got a Lee Breech Lock Challenger Kit, a set of Dies and Lee's Reloading Book from Cabella's ... paid by Cabela's Gift Cards. It arrived Dec. 21... No problem!

I didn't have a problem ordering a reloading kit that included a tube of case lube, yet another item in my cart, 1oz tube of Tetra gun grease, was flagged for being hazmat, and consequently wasn't shipped. It was Midway (not Cabelas)