Thread: Its not a winston

Default Its not a winston

http://www.templeforkflyrods.com/rods/healing.html

I love the cause it is for plus I love TFO rods for thier money. My wife has the Breast Cancer Awareness 5wt, My dad was a veteran as well as I and the fact that some of the sales go to help wounded vets stuck a cord with me. So as all the threads of Mid priced rods go around keep this one in mind. They have Healing Waters for Vets and Casting for a Cause for cancer. As danattherock stated when I sent him a PM showing this too him. A nice matching reel would look sweet on it. Dan I like your suggestions and Im open to to others. Oh and it will be used and used hard so it is not all about show.
    Grandkids, Making big tough guys hearts melt at first sight

Looks like a sweet rod. And a darn good cause is being benefited. For a classy reel to complete the set up, I like this...

http://www.orvis.com/store/productch...subcat_id=7642

The two loudest sounds known to man: a gun that goes bang when it is supposed to go click and a gun that goes click when it is supposed to go bang.

Default reels

Nice choice Chuck. I have a TFO professional 5wt, which I think is the same blank as the Healing Waters, just a different color. the Madison river fly shop has last years models of the Lamson Velocity and Radius on clearance. These are the best prices I have seen anywhere for these reels. I couldn't pass up the deal, so I got a 1.5 Radius for my 3wt, and a Velocity 3 for my 7wt.

http://www.mrfc.com/MadisonRiverShop...x?CategoryID=4

Jake

Awesome deal on the Lamson reels. I have two of the Velocity reels and some spools for my 7 wt system. VERY nice reels. This is the lowest prices I have seen. I suspect they may be gone already. But who knows. Glad you were able to get in on this.
    The two loudest sounds known to man: a gun that goes bang when it is supposed to go click and a gun that goes click when it is supposed to go bang.

Default so...your non union, eh chuck?

Quote Originally Posted by alaskachuck View Post
    http://www.templeforkflyrods.com/rods/healing.html

I love the cause it is for plus I love TFO rods for thier money. My wife has the Breast Cancer Awareness 5wt, My dad was a veteran as well as I and the fact that some of the sales go to help wounded vets stuck a cord with me. So as all the threads of Mid priced rods go around keep this one in mind. They have Healing Waters for Vets and Casting for a Cause for cancer. As danattherock stated when I sent him a PM showing this too him. A nice matching reel would look sweet on it. Dan I like your suggestions and Im open to to others. Oh and it will be used and used hard so it is not all about show.

I do have a couple TFO rods, but I also prefer to spend my money on American made products, so most of my rods are sage and redington. Chinese products can be great, but for the price, they can make and ship and sell a rod from china for less than sage pays taxes for a rod that is produced in Washington, just sayin.

Quote Originally Posted by Trouthead View Post

I also prefer to spend my money on American made products, so most of my rods are sage and redington. .

Redington rods are made in CHINA!!

Just sayin

How do we give negative rep points?

I have to chime in concerning the Lamson reels - I fish nothing but Lamson anymore and love em'. I fish the Radius on my smaller rods and the Velocity on 7 weight and up. Never had a problem with any of them and the drag system is awesome. I use to fish Ross and had problems with them from time to time, so was glad to discover Lamson... I don't think I'll ever go back.

Nice TFO rod as well, by the way. I am also a fan of TFO rods for the money. The fast rods in the seris (TiCr and TiCrX) are great for salmon and casting heavy stuff. The Pro makes a decent trout rod as well.

Did they use a Pro blank for this rod?
    www.akfishology.com

fishing isn't about life or death... it's more important than that.

Default pro blank

Mark,
    I remember reading somewhere that both the casting for recovery, and the healing waters rods were built using the Pro blanks. I can't remember where I read it, but my wife has the 8wt Casting for recovery rod, and the action is very similar to my 5wt professional.

Jake

Quote Originally Posted by jakec5253 View Post
    Mark,
    I remember reading somewhere that both the casting for recovery, and the healing waters rods were built using the Pro blanks. I can't remember where I read it, but my wife has the 8wt Casting for recovery rod, and the action is very similar to my 5wt professional.

Jake
    you are correct, I think its on their website somewhere
    I choose to fly fish, not because its easy, but because its hard.

Default TFO Information

If you have any quesitons about TFO products the West Region TFO Rep is Dick Sagara. He is based out of Texas of all places and is always willing ot help or put you in a direction for someone to help you. Mind you I am stating this for those who just have to have all the data down to the specs. Most information can be obtained from the TFO web site.

I do not wish for him to hate me to much however here is his email.

I did not post this email ;-)

dsagara54@gmail.com

If it's not green, it's not a tractor.

Wow thats pretty awesome, I will have to look into getting one of the Healing Waters. Mostly for the cause cuz I don't need another rod but my brother was badly injured in Afghanistan a little over a year ago, so i know that every little bit can help. And thanks to everyone who does get it to help support the wounded troops.

Quote Originally Posted by watcher View Post
    Wow thats pretty awesome, I will have to look into getting one of the Healing Waters. Mostly for the cause cuz I don't need another rod but my brother was badly injured in Afghanistan a little over a year ago, so i know that every little bit can help. And thanks to everyone who does get it to help support the wounded troops.

I did not need another rod either but the cause is worth it to me. Im looking forward to landing hogzilla on it and posting a pic of the rod and the fish. My thoughts and prayers with your brother and tell him thank you for serving and allowing us to be free.
    Grandkids, Making big tough guys hearts melt at first sight

Quote Originally Posted by alaskachuck View Post

Im looking forward to landing hogzilla on it and posting a pic of the rod and the fish.

I will look forward to watching you do just that We will get some good pics for proof!

Thank you. I will tell my brother for you and i look forward to seeing your pictures!

Its people like your brother that allow us to sit around in our heated homes with beer breath talking about fly fishing late at night. Freedom is not free. Too bad most Americans seem to have forgotten that as of late.

That they have, what worse is to be threatend and harrased when in uniform off base. Which unfortuately seems to happen a lot here in Hawaii. We have had our vehicle broken into twice here because our car had military stickers on the windshield... Oh well. I love my job and I know my brother still loves his, so it is still worth it. Thanks again for your support, I will make sure and pass it on to my bro!

Quote Originally Posted by watcher View Post

That they have, what worse is to be threatend and harrased when in uniform off base. Which unfortuately seems to happen a lot here in Hawaii.!
    Fuuuk'em. Hawai and California don't count. Tell your brother to try buying his own beers in North Carolina. Won't happen.

Lol yea I know what your saying, I was on leave a couple months ago and I think I only bought beer once. I was actually quite suprised, I normally keep to myself but everyone at the bar was determined to by me beer. My brother has been well taken care by everyone, including the Army. All I can do is thank everyone again and again for supporting all us troops. You guys are the reasons that this job is worth doing.