Thread: Importing Firearms from Canada

Default Importing Firearms from Canada

Does anyone have information about importing firearms from Canada? I would have posted this in the general section but I don't have access there yet.
    I am trying to figure out which form I need to file with the fta.
    Thanks.

I'm an importer. You must file a Form 6 with the BATFE, ( I've never heard of the FTA), if the gun is post 1898. If the gun is pre 1899 no form is neccesary. Individuals may import a few, (no actual number given), without an importer but it gets complicated. With or without the importer the following must happen. The gun must be sent to the nearest, to you, customs. Anchorage airport. A broker has to clear the shipment through customs. Fees are: customs charges 11% of the value of the gun, the broker also has charges. My last shipment cost $256 brokerage fees.

These are rifles that I already own. I have just moved to Alaska from Alberta and would like to get my rifles here ASAP. I have filed F6NIA but am not sure if this is the only form I need to file??
    Thanks

I'm sorry I've never heard of that form. Are you working with the BATFE? If not I have no idea what you have to do. If I owned firearms in Canada and lived and wanted to import them I'd still have to get permission from the BATFE if they are post 1898.