Thread: Got Razor Clam Recipies?

Default Got Razor Clam Recipies?

Folks,I did a lot of digging on the beach last summer, and as a result have a lot of razor clams in my freezer ( I know, poor me!). As a result, we have been having:

Fried Razor Clams
    Linguini with Razor Clam Sauce
    Razor Clam Chowder

And that's pretty much it. is anyone able to suggest some alternatives for me?

Thanks in advance,
    Matt.
    Matt Drayton, Chef de Cuisine
    Captain Steve's Fishing Lodge
    www.captainstevesfishinglodge.com

fritters, burgers, smoothies, paella...
    i don't have any recipes, but usually refer to "cooking alaskan" or "the alaska cabin cookbook" for guidelines...
    Alaska Board of Game 2015 tour... "Kicking the can down the road"
    http://www.alaskabackcountryhunters.org/

Default clam dip

got this recipe online from www.PremierSystems.Com/recipes:

Serve the clam dip with a selection of chips, thin sliced specialty breads and fresh crisp vegetables. Clam dip is great to accompany the cocktail hour, or as an adjudent to a good beer or wine.

In a mixing bowl mix together:

• 8 oz cream cheese
    • 2 tsp lemon juice
    • 2 tsp Worstershire Sauce
    • 1/2 tsp salt
    • dash of fresh ground pepper, preferably white
    • 1/2 cup minced, drained clams, fresh or canned
    • 1/4 cup clam juice

Mix together well and let sit for a while to blend flavors. You may want to add a bit more lemon juice or clam juice to get the proper consistency to make dipping easy. A dash of Tabsco sauce is also good in clam dip. Serve at room temperature.

taste great and is a favorite at parties. The only bad part is I have to double or triple the batch to keep people happy.

Default Try canning...

If you can some of those clams, you can use them for several different types of dishes. When we can them, I put liquid smoke in some of the jars to give them a smoked flavor. Just use 1 tsp per pint. These are great by themselves on crackers as an appetizer. YUM!

Lots of Italian recipes use clams...

Default Thanks, folks; all great ideas....

With he possible exception of the smoothie
    Matt Drayton, Chef de Cuisine
    Captain Steve's Fishing Lodge
    www.captainstevesfishinglodge.com

Default diggers

I like the diggers sauteed in butter really quick. quickly add some 1/2 and 1/2 to it so it doesn't overcook. then add white pepper, black pepper, cayenne, and garlic to taste and then throw in a couple tablespoons of your favorite Salsa....

makes a great appitizer for any meal

OK, here's the best fried razor clam recipe ever! I could eat these every day

just dip strips of razor clams first in flour, then buttermilk, then coat in saltine cracker crumbs. Fry away. The buttermilk keeps them from going rubbery so they stay nice and tender.

We used to make up a whole bunch at once and then freeze em on cookie sheets. Once frozen just bag em up and use whenever.

Not sure about clam-smooties
    Nice Marmot.

Default pickled razor clams

My brother just turned me onto this recipe and it's an easy one. Put as many cleaned clams in a bowl as you'd like to pickle, then add Trappey's Torrido Santa Fe Grande peppers and the juice until the clams are well covered. Let soak in the refrigerator for at least three days and then enjoy. Letting them soak a couple extra days just makes things better.

If you don't like 'em so spicy, you might try the Trappey's sliced banana peppers. But I like a little spice in my life.

Chugiak, Alaska, United States, United States

how bout a ceviche? marinate iin lime juice with chilis,garlic,red onions, and diced tomatoes. fresh razors are good sliced thin and dipped in wasabi and shoyu.

Sub oysters with the clams, may have to add some water since clams are not as wet.

http://www.cooks.com/rec/view/0,1945...232199,00.html