Thread: Flood control traps???

Default Flood control traps???

Are there many traps in the Flood Control this year? I know last year was crazy with everyone trying to trap the wolves. With the warmer weather this week, I wanted to take my labs out for some hunting, but worry about the traps. Are the areas around the duck ponds being used by trappers? (Trails by first entrance.)
    "It's the journey that's important, with experience and knowledge to be gained along the way, in the company of our faithful dogs and our good friends."
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

I heard from a friend that there are snares down in there and he tried to get me to set some up but I did not. But Im sure there are some sets out there. Daniel

Thanks Daniel. I don't know where we can get any bird hunting done without fear of the dogs ending up in a trap.
    The article in the paper scared me. I guess I should be thankful for the warning.
    "It's the journey that's important, with experience and knowledge to be gained along the way, in the company of our faithful dogs and our good friends."
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

LFL,

Thanks for asking.... Hopefully someone here can provide you with a tip. I just skimmed through the regs. Looks like most areas where your at are open to trapping. Does anyone have any local knowledge of the area? If anyone has this same issue in the Kenai/Soldotna area just PM me and I will provide several places that are good for birds and rabbits and you won't have to worry about traps.

Well, this article is what reminded me to ask:
    http://www.newsminer.com/news/2009/j...g-owners-life/
    I don't think I would have made it
    Ralph Waldo Emerson