Thread: Any of you guys seen this?? Ammunition Accountability Act

Default Any of you guys seen this?? Ammunition Accountability Act

Anybody heard of this BS?? is it true??

Ammunition Accountability Act

Remember how Obama said that he wasn't going to take your guns? Well, it seems that his minions and allies in the anti-gun world have no problem with taking your ammo!

The bill that is being pushed in 18 states (including TN, Illinois and Indiana ) requires all ammunition to be encoded by the manufacture, a data base of all ammunition sales. So they will know how much you buy and what calibers. Nobody can sell any ammunition after June 30, 2009 unless the ammunition is coded.

Any privately held uncoded ammunition must be destroyed by July 1, 2011. (Including handloaded ammo.) They will also charge a .05 cent tax on every round so every box of ammo you buy will go up at least $2.50 or more! If they can deprive you of ammo they do not need to take your gun!

Please give this the widest distribut ion possible and contact your Reps!

It's the ammo, not the guns....
    I've said for a long time that they wouldn't go for your guns, they'd go for your ammo... guns have a Constitutional protection. Ammo does not. A list of states where this legislation is pending is in the final paragraph. Not in CO yet, they'll go where the pansies are first.

Heads up to all of you who swore to defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign AND domestic. Let your state Legislatures know that we do not want this bill passed, and petition them to vote no on this bill. We should keep after them until the bill is closed by bombarding them with e-mails, phone calls, and letters.

Get to all your politicians to get to work and NOT LET THIS HAPPEN!!! The 2008 Legislative session has begun, and the Ammunition Accountability Act is being introduced across the country. Below is a list of states where legislation has already been introduced:

Alabama, Arizona, California, Connecticut, Hawaii, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Maryland, Mississippi, Missouri, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Tennessee, and Washington.

More information can be found at:

http://www.usavsus.info/US-AmmoRegistr.htm

Alaska Shrimp Pots

Rigid & Folding Shrimp & Crab Pots
    Electra Dyne Pot Haulers
    Ropes, Buoys, Bait
    alaskashrimppots.com
    akshrimppots@mtaonline.net
    907 775 1692

garbage... all in all its total crap.... If you look at the house bills there was stuff presented in Jun and Jul for Banning anything other than bolt action guns...

total control over our rights...

The ammo bill does scare me more than a gun ban. That being said I cant see Barry doing anything right away, hes got bigger things on his plate.

It is basically dead, just like the new AWB that was introduced this past summer. I cant speak for the future, but right now we are safe. Give them time though.

Besides screwing the Class 3 guys (and all citizens for that matter) of the gun world by stopping importation and manufacturing of legal fullauto firearms, didnt the Volker-McClure act in 1986 grant protections to gun owners by outlawing ammunition registration?

Invest in .22LR .

It didn't outlaw it, it merely rescinded the legal requirement to do so under the Gun Control Act of 1968.

"Firearms dealers must keep records only of "armor-piercing" ammunition sales."

from

http://www.libraryindex.com/pages/17...-ACT-1986.html

Well I feel for those folks in the lower 48, this looks like a state level effort and therefore not much I can do to help. I will of coarse continue to give to those groups such as the NRA that oppose such insane laws, but other then that this will likely have to be fought state to state.

One thing I am thankful for living in Alaska is that such a law would be DOA, along with the political future of anyone who introduced it.

Don't let the bad economy, which looks to get much worse, let you relax on the possibility of new gun control laws. Remember the first gun control law was passed in 1934, at the height of the great depression. The second was passed in 1968 a time of "great" social "revolution". Both were passed in times of national nervousness and unrest. Remember fixing the economy is difficult and complected after more then 30 years of bad policies and trade practices, while finding a scape goat and "solving" it is relatively easy. Which do you think the politicians will do.

As for the Volker-McClure Act which is completely unconstitutional, it will sadly never be overturned, those that own legal full autos have a great financial interest in seeing it stay. As well as the class III dealers. The only silver lining is the faster you shoot the fast you miss. One shot on target is better then a million misses.

Speaking as a guy who owns and shoots class 3 stuff, I would happily give up any financial gain on my guns to see Mc Clure Volkmer overturned. Then I could build a few more. It would also drive prices down into the "affordable" range, and provide a larger market other than the well-heeled.As far as missing with a full auto, sure, nothing is as effective as aimed rifle fire. However, I've never spoken to anyone who was willing to be down range of an MG-34 or 42, or any other quality belt fed for that matter. Much less an M-2 50. I hope when the time comes, we won't snipe at each other, just the jack booted thugs. We must all stand together, or we will each hang separately.GUNBUGS

Quote Originally Posted by Blink View Post
    The ammo bill does scare me more than a gun ban. That being said I cant see Barry doing anything right away, hes got bigger things on his plate.

It is basically dead, just like the new AWB that was introduced this past summer. I cant speak for the future, but right now we are safe. Give them time though.
    I wouldn't jump so quickly to calling it dead....this bill was introduced in 11 states last year, including Maryland where I live....we had to testify against it just to be sure they didn't try to sneak it through, even though no one except the inventor and the legislative sponsor testified in support.

The ammo reps (Remington and Federal) testified and said this would make manufacturing ammo so expensive, they just wouldn't seel ammo in those states where the law passed...so IF it ever passed in a state...would be just like a ban there.

Vigilance is our biggest ally, apathy is our greatest threat...

Default Too true. Too true for comfort.

Quote Originally Posted by mdhunter View Post
    I wouldn't jump so quickly to calling it dead....this bill was introduced in 11 states last year, including Maryland where I live....we had to testify against it just to be sure they didn't try to sneak it through, even though no one except the inventor and the legislative sponsor testified in support.

The ammo reps (Remington and Federal) testified and said this would make manufacturing ammo so expensive, they just wouldn't seel ammo in those states where the law passed...so IF it ever passed in a state...would be just like a ban there.

Vigilance is our biggest ally, apathy is our greatest threat...
    Too true. WAY too true. We do have to kill bills like this, and kill them in the cradle. Eternal vigilance. The price of freedom.

If a bill like this EVER got traction, it would send a message, and woe will be unto us.

Lost Sheep.

Quote Originally Posted by Lost Sheep View Post
    Too true. WAY too true. We do have to kill bills like this, and kill them in the cradle. Eternal vigilance. The price of freedom.

If a bill like this EVER got traction, it would send a message, and woe will be unto us.

Lost Sheep.
    If they do get killed in the craddle, they will keep poping up. Maybe they should go all the way to the Supreme Court to end it.

Default NRA

All the info on this issue one could ever want to read can be found here:

http://www.nraila.org/Issues/FactShe...ad.aspx?id=227
    Winter is Coming...

Go GeocacheAlaska!